Chapter 22: The Mall

It was the day before the school dance.  Most of the members of class 1-A were freaking out due to the lack of preparation, so Ashido suggested they all take a class trip to the mall to buy suits or dresses or anything else they might need for the big night.

"What should we do first? I want to get a nice fancy dress. Ooo or maybe get a manipedi, ugh I can't decide!"

Ashido squealed as they arrived at the mall.

"Let's do it all!"

Hagakure exclaimed jumping into the air.

"I am NOT! Getting a manipedi"

Bakugo grunted. He thought dances were stupid, but he couldn't have Deku one-upping him when it came to girls, so he decided to tag along.

"Aw cmon Bakubro! They're actually kinda nice. I'll get one with you Mina"

Kirishima said.

"Aww really? Thanks Kiri!"

Ashido replied as she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hehe yeah no problem"

Kirishima chuckled shyly as he turned away, awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. His face was as red as his hair.

"Well I need a tuxedo"

Ojiro stated raising his hand.

"As do I"

Tokoyami added.

"Ok then why don't we split up for clothes first? Everyone meet back here in say, an hour and a half?"

Yaoyorozu suggested.

"Sounds good!"

Iida replied flashing a thumbs up.

"I'll be wearing red so make sure you match with me"

Ashido said to Kirishima, lightly poking his chest as the girls walked off to a dress shop.

"I already have a tux so I'll meet you guys after you're done"

Todoroki said sitting down in a lounge chair.

"As do I"

Iida said joining him.

"All right well then let's go everyone"

Kirishima motioned for the others to follow as they made their way to Men's Warehouse.

"So many choices"

Shoji said feeling up all the different fabrics.

"Hey Tokoyami, are we supposed to match with our dates?"

Ojiro asked the bird boy, completely confused about what to do.

"I believe that is the case"

The prince of darkness replied.

"Who cares, just get a suit and go"

Bakugo grunted grabbing a tux in his size off the rack as he made his way over to the changing room.

Hmmmmmm I wonder what I should get

Kamanari thought as he looked around.  He decided to go with a classic black jacket with a white undershirt and matching black tie. 

Everything goes with this.  No matter what Jirou picks out, I'm sure we'll look good together

A few minutes later, all the guys came out of the changing room wearing their brand new suits.  Ojiro picked out a fancy white Italian suit with a black tie.  Shoji wore a navy blue jacket with a white undershirt and red tie.  Kirishima opted for a dark grey vest with a red dress shirt and a stripped black and red tie.  Mineta decided on a classic grey jacket with a white shirt and blue tie, and Tokoyami came out wearing all black. 

"Ayyy nice suit Tokoyami! You look just like John Wick!"

Kirishima complimented flashing him a thumbs up. 

"Looks edgy"

Bakugo chuckled as he went to pay for his suit.  Like Kamanari, Bakugo and Midoriya opted for the classic black and white tux, except Midoriya selected a red bow tie.  After everyone paid for their suits, the guys went back to the front to meet up with the girls.  As they were waking, Kamanari felt a buzz in his pocket.  He looked at his phone to see a text from an unknown number

Look up

He scanned the area and saw a hooded figure watching him from across the other side of the mall.  He immediately knew who it was. 

"I'll be right back"

He walked away from the group towards the stranger.

"Is everything ok?"

Midoriya called out.

"Yeah I'll be right back"

Kamanari replied over his shoulder as he made his way through the mall.  The figure saw him coming and started walking away.  Kamanari followed him.  The hooded man stopped at a bench and sat down, his hands in the pocket of his jacket.  Kamanari sat down on the bench behind him, looking in the opposite direction. 

"Pretty risky of you to come out here Tomura"

Kamanari whispered just loud enough for Shigaraki to hear. 

"I won't be long.  We have a plan"

Shigaraki whispered back. 

"When the dance starts, make your way over to the security room.  Make sure to disable the barrier and turn off all the cameras.  Also make sure you plant this"

Shigaraki continued as he slipped two devices into Kamanari's hand.

"The big one will disable all cellphones and networks cutting off any forms of communication.  The small one is an earpiece that will be immune to the device. Make sure you do it quickly and that nobody sees you.  Signal us when you're back in the gym.  We'll crash the party and capture your classmates before we execute All Might"

"How do you plan to do that? Did the doc make another Nomu?"

Kamanari asked.

"Ha ha no.  We got a little present from our friends in the Yakuza.  It's a bullet that can erase quirks.  It will render All-Might completely powerless"

Kamanari smirked as he pocketed the devices.  A dart that could erase quirks? No one would be able to stand up to the league if they had that kind of power. 

"Thanks to your notes, we've come up with the perfect route to sneak onto the campus.  As long as you complete your end of the operation, this can't fail.  We'll finally kill the symbol of peace and you can get out of that damn school.  I appreciate you hanging in there for so long.  You must be sick of constantly being around those wannabe heroes"

Shigaraki stood up to face Kamanari, flashing him a toothy grin. 

"But tomorrow will be the dawn of a new era.  The age of heroes will finally come to an end.

Kamanari rubbed his hands together in excitement. 

This was it.  The whole reason he came to UA.  It would all be over soon.

"Oh there you are Kamanari!"