Chapter 7: Infirmary

Remember your mission Denki

Heroes are the enemy

They all must die

You failed us. You let them live

You saved the girl Denki

You disappointed me

You must atone by killing

Kill Kyoka Jirou

Kill her Denki

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Kamanari jolted awake to the sound of beeping. He looked down at his arm to see an IV needle embedded into his wrist and his upper arm was heavily wrapped in bandages. Kamanari panted and wiped the sweat off his forehead. He was still somewhat shaken from his nightmare. He hadn't spoken to Tomura since they planned the attack. He could only imagine how upset Shigaraki would be with him.

Why the hell did I do that? I can't believe I actually saved her. It was like my body moved before I had a chance to think. It's not like I have feelings for her or anything. She's just kind of cute. That's all. I've seen lots of cute girls before. So why can't I bring myself to kill her?

At that moment the door was flung open as Kirishima, Ashido, and Sero marched over to Kamanari's bed.

"Hey man! How you holding up big guy?"

Kirishima grinned as he lightly shook Kamanari's shoulder.

"Take it easy bro. The guy lost a lot of blood"

Sero lightly swatted Kirishima with the back of his hand.

"Nah I'm fine. You should see the other guy"

Kamanari chuckled sitting up.

"There you see? My man is a tank. We heard you kicked major ass dude"

Kirishima gave him a high five.

"So what are you guys doing here?"

Kamanari asked.

"What do you mean bro? We're your friends we came to check up on you"

Kirishima replied.

"Yeah why else would we come?"

Ashido added pretending to be offended.

"I dunno I'm sorry"

Kamanari said trying to suppress a smile.  Even though he was a spy, it still felt nice to be thought of. He never had any real friends besides Tomura and Kurogiri. He almost felt bad about betraying them.

"Well we feel bad that you're stuck here for the night all by yourself so we brought uno and snacks!"

Ashido said enthusiastically pulling out a deck of cards and a bag of chips.  The gang wheeled the table in the corner over by kamanari's bed and sat down as Ashido started to deal out the cards. 

"Got room for one more?"

Everyone turned around to see Jirou leaning against the doorframe.

"Kyoka!"

Ashido shouted and pulled up a chair for the punk rock girl to sit down in. 

"So what happened to you guys?"

Kamanari asked once they were all situated. 

"Well Bakugo and I got warped to the urban zone after we attacked the warping guy.  There were a bunch of thugs waiting to ambush us but we managed to take em all down!"