Chapter 8: Villains Rising

Before we begin, I just want to give a quick shoutout to the boi Big_Ships. He'a a great person and I couldn't have written this book without him. Go give him some love!

Anyway I hope you enjoy this next chapter :)

"Ah there you are Denki!"

Shigaraki waved Kamanari over as he made his way into the room. The villain was relaxing on the couch watching TV. Kamanari flung his backpack into the corner and sat down next to him.

"How's the arm?"

Shigaraki asked gesturing to the bandages.

"It's fine. Next time tell me we're using C4"

Kamanari scoffed as he flopped down on the couch.

"Well if you didn't have to be a hero and save the girl, then everything would've been fine. I thought we agreed that you would eliminate them"

Shigaraki hissed. Kamanari didn't know how to respond.

"I-"

"Calm yourself Tomura. It is still very early on in the mission. Plus it was only the ear jack girl. Not a high value target like Bakugo or Todoroki. If anything, it will cement his cover even more. Besides, we have more pressing matters at hand"

Kurogiri interjected coming to Kamanari's defense. He let out a sigh of relief.

"Hmmm I guess you're right. But don't let it happen again!"

Shigarski warned before turning back to the TV. A news story about the latest incident All-Might resolved was playing.

"Look at him. Always smiling. Always looking good. Always trying to be the center of attention. This is exactly why I hate heroes. They've made our society all skewed and judgmental. Anyone who doesn't conform to their ridiculous golden ideals is an outcast"

Shigaraki snarled as he disintegrated the coffee mug he held in his hands.

"It must suck being surrounded by those pathetic hero wannabes all day.  Especially having the golden pretty boy All-Might as one of your teachers"

"Yeah it does I can't wait to get out of there"

Kamanari agreed.  While he still held true to his convictions, he couldn't help but start to actually like his classmates.  They were really cool people who liked to have fun and work hard.  They also deeply cared about him and wanted to be his friend. On top of that, some of them had actual heroic motivations like Midoriya who always helped anyone no matter the cost to himself.  They were the complete opposite of what he expected. 

And then there's that girl

It was starting to get annoying how much time he spent thinking about Kyoka Jirou.  There was just something about her that separated her from other girls.  She was funny, witty, and sarcastic, but also sincere and genuine.  She could always make him laugh and he found himself starting to enjoy the nicknames and the teasing.  In fact it made him sad inside whenever she just called him by his name instead of sparky, or dunce face, or pikachu.  She was also absolutely gorgeous.  Mineta would always talk about how hot Yaoyorozu and Uraraka were, but Kamanari just didn't see it.  Jirou was obviously the most beautiful girl in the class. In his eyes at least.

Sitting next to her gave him a whole new perspective on life. Life with Shigaraki was dark, brooding, and full of hatred. Life at UA was the complete opposite. He was surrounded by laughter and encouragement. He found a light that had been missing from his life from quite some time. He had started to loosen up a bit and actually enjoy himself for once. But then he thought back to his parents deaths. How no hero had come to rescue him. How unfair it was that society treated Shigaraki as a villain when he did nothing but raise and protect Kamanari for years.

They might be cool people, but they're still heroes. And that doesn't change what I have to do

"We need to come up with a new plan now that we've lost our army"

Shigarski said snapping Kamanari out of his thoughts.

"Unfortunately UA has beefed up their security because our attack on the USJ failed"

Kurogiri added sipping on a Martini. 

"Oh that reminds me"

Kamanari said reaching through his backpack, pulling out a piece of paper.

"UA wants us to move into dorms now"

Shigaraki stared at the paper intensely. 

"I don't know how I feel about this"

He said frowning. 

"I don't like it as well but it's ether that or I don't go to UA anymore"

Kamanari shrugged. 

"I think it's the perfect thing to happen to this mission.  Denki can get extra close and personal with his classmates and discover their weaknesses.  Additionally, you will be living on campus so you'll have more time to explore the grounds and find out more information for us"

Kurogiri interjected. 

"Hmmmmmmmmmm"

Shigaraki thought scratching his neck. 

"I suppose this could prove fruitful.  It's up to you Denki to come up with some useful information.  Take this"

He said throwing something at Kamanari.  Denki looked down to see it was a small USB flash drive"

"What is this for?"

He asked confused. 

"Plug it in to your computer and it will open up a secure chat room with us.  We can't risk UA monitoring your communications"

Kamanari nodded and put the flash drive in his backpack. At that moment to door opened as Giran walked in smoking a cigar. 

"Greetings Shigaraki! I got those new recruits you asked for since your whole army got arrested"

He stepped aside to reveal a scruffy looking man with a patchwork face, a blonde schoolgirl with vampire fangs, a man with reptilian skin and a giant sword, a masked magician, a flamboyant giant with sunglasses, and a jacked dude with one eye. 

Shigaraki rubbed his hands together menacingly. 

"This is getting better and better by the second.  Soon All-Might will be dead and we will topple the golden age of heroes"

Sorry this chapter is short and uneventful, but it was needed to progress the story.  Now that they're at the dorms, prepare for lots of kamijirou moments