Chapter 29: Hero Too

Start from the beginning

"NO!"

Jirou cried as she ran to him.  Shigaraki tried to make a break for the door but Midoriya was too fast and kicked him into the wall, following it up with a Detroit Smash to put him down for good.

"Goodbye, Denki Kamanari"

The villain chuckled as he slowly faded out of consciousness.  Jirou cradled Kamanari's head in her lap as he slowly disintegrated in her arms, tears rushing down her face. 

"Please someone help! Is there anything anyone can do? Mr. Aizawa?

She screamed in pain, her cries echoing off the walls. 

"I'm sorry Jirou, but I can only prevent people from using their quirks.  I can't cancel out the effects once it's already used"

Aizawa muttered weakly as he hobbled over to the group.  He managed to patch himself up a bit but he still lost a lot of blood.  Yaoyorozu created all sorts of medical supplies trying everything she could to stop the decaying but it was all in vain.  By this point, Kamanari had lost both of his arms as the quirk spread to his midsection and lower body.  Everyone was silent, the only sounds being Jirou's cries as she cradled the dying love of her life.  She never thought she would ever find love and the brief time they had together made her the happiest she had ever been in a long time.

But now he was taken from her, as quick as he came.  Despite him being a traitor, he ended up coming through for them in the end, sacrificing his life for her like a true hero.

"K-Kyoka"

Kamanari muttered weakly as he gasped for breath.  He never called her by her first name before but it was nice to hear it from him.  It felt right. 

"Yes Denki?"

She wiped her eyes but the tears would not stop falling. 

"Thank you"

He muttered, smiling up at her despite the horrific pain he was experiencing. 

"No no you saved me yet again.  It is I who should be thanking you"

She smiled back. Even though she was unbearably sad, seeing him happy was enough to make even the most dire situations seem pleasant. 

"Actually you're the one who saved me.  You showed me what love is.  You actually cared about me.  You vanquished the darkness in my heart with your light and showed me I could be more than what others expected of me"

He tried to reach up and touch her face but there was nothing to hold onto. 

"You're going to be an amazing hero.  You'll save so many lives and make this world a better place"

He was starting to fade.  The decay having taken most of his body. 

"No Denki please don't leave me.  I need you"

She cried harder as she could hear his heartbeat slow down. 

"I love you Kyoka"

A smile plastered on his face as he disintegrated into dust in the wind.  Jirou held his ashes in her hands as she cried.  Everyone stood around her, hanging their heads in silence to commemorate their fallen classmate.  The police and a few other pros arrived a few minutes later to arrest the villains and wrap up everything at the scene. 

"Cmon let's go home"

Yaoyorozu said extending her hand.  Jirou wiped her eyes as she got to her feet.  They all walked back to Heights Alliance.  Jirou taking one last look before turning away to join her classmates. 

"He was a hero.  The bravest one out of all of us"

Ashido said breaking the silence. 

"He was a real bro"

Kirishima added solemnly. 

"He was the only reason I managed to defeat All For One"

All-Might said as a dark cloud loomed overhead.  The rain came pouring down a few seconds later.  Jirou looked up at the sky, where her love was waiting for her.  

I love you too Denki.  I'll see you again sometime

A giant bolt of lightning lit up the sky as if Kamanari was speaking to her.  It looked just like the accent in his hair.  She couldn't help but smile. 

You may have been a villain at the start, but in the end, you were a hero too

My hero

The End