A long moment passes between them before Merlin finally nods and breaks eye contact.

Relieved, Arthur releases the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding.

Suddenly, Merlin’s there, warm in Arthur’s arms. His demeanor changes just as abruptly. He’s no longer the powerful rival business man sitting behind the desk — instead he’s once again Arthur’s lover.

Merlin slides closer, leaning into him as Arthur’s hands grip Merlin’s hips and Merlin closes the remaining distance to brush their lips together first like a feather’s touch and then more insistently.

Arthur responds immediately, catching Merlin’s lower lip between his. His hands come up to the nape of his neck, fingers sliding into the soft strands of hair as their kiss grows deeper.

Deft fingers scramble towards Arthur’s trousers and with practiced motion manages to undo them.

“Merlin! Wait—” Arthur chokes out, breaking their kiss and reaching down to still Merlin’s hand.

“You said you needed me. I’m offering myself to you.”

“Not like that,” Arthur hisses, attempting to push Merlin’s fingers away again as he nods his head at the wall of windows behind him.

“No one will see,” Merlin says. Arthur watches his eyes glow gold as Merlin waves a hand towards the glass. “Look for yourself.”

Arthur glances behind him. The once clear windows have clouded over, obscuring the view and offering more than enough privacy.

He pushes Arthur’s trousers down, grasping Arthur’s length to slowly coax it to hardness.

“Merlin,” Arthur tries again — a feeble protest he doesn’t really feel. He’s hard with want as Merlin’s fingers wrap around his length.

With another whispered spell, Merlin’s hand is on him again, this time slick and wet as he strokes Arthur’s cock from base to tip.

Arthur groans when Merlin releases him, but he’s quickly distracted when Merlin spins around, reaches for his own fly, and quickly works it open. He allows his trousers to fall to his knees as he braces his elbows on the desk.

“Like this,” Merlin says, looking back at Arthur through his long lashes, and Arthur can’t stop himself from moving closer, hands gripping the globes of Merlin’s arse, and fingers already trailing between Merlin’s cheeks to glide over his tightly puckered hole.

“It’s been awhile, so you’ll have to loosen me first. I’ve not had anyone inside me since you.”

Arthur’s startled but pleased that Merlin’s waited for him all this time. While it’s the same for him, It’s still more than Arthur dared hope for.

Arthur sees the golden glow of Merlin’s eyes once more and he feels more of the surprisingly warm lubrication surround his fingers. Slowly, he presses inside Merlin’s body.

Shoving Merlin’s shirt up, Arthur leans down to kiss his spine and feels Merlin arch his back into the soft touch. Arthur adds another finger, pulling a whimper from Merlin’s open, panting mouth as he reverently works him open.