Suffering in Silence

Summary: He couldn’t take it anymore.
He had to say something. He couldn’t keep silent anymore.
Day in, day out…

The constant borderline scandalous looks, the barely concealed innuendos, the incredibly unsubtle touches, all of it!
He was going to lose his mind.
How could two people be so blind?!

So, that’s what led him to the tavern that night, across from Gwaine, a hint of regret tugging at his mind that he steadfastly ignored.
“Okay… How do we get them together?”

______________________________________

He couldn’t take it anymore. He had to say something. He couldn’t keep silent anymore.

Day in, day out…

The constant borderline scandalous looks, the barely concealed innuendos, the incredibly unsubtle touches, all of it!

He was going to lose his mind.

How could two people be so blind?!

So, that’s what led him to the tavern that night, across from Gwaine, a hint of regret tugging at his mind that he steadfastly ignored.

“Okay… How do we get them together?” Leon finally asked, gripping a pint of ale in front of himself tightly as he tried to pretend, he was not plotting with another knight to get their King in bed with his manservant.

 In fact, he tried not to think of that image at all, really. Arthur was much like a younger brother, and no one wants to imagine their younger brother in bed with someone else.

Gwaine hummed and raised his pint to his lips, taking a long drink. Leon waited, only a little impatiently, his leg bouncing under the table, as he watched the knight drink. Finally, after what Leon decided must have been a drink large enough to down half the pint, Gwaine set his ale down and grinned.

“You’ve got no idea how long I’ve been waiting to hear those words.”

Leon resisted the nearly irresistible urge to roll his eyes, though he felt a strange, unnamable feeling at the way Gwaine grinned so brightly at him. He pushed it back. “Just answer the question. I need help and you’re going to be the one to help me,” he informed him, before shaking his head and rephrasing his words as a question for politeness. “I figured I would need someone close to Merlin, and that’s you. Will you help me or not?”

The other knight stared at him a moment, a strange look in his eyes, before letting out a sigh.

“Why not Lancelot?” He inquired, “he’s maybe even closer to Merlin than I am.”

Leon fell quiet, taking a drink of his ale to mask the fact he couldn’t answer. Why didn’t he ask Lancelot…? Why did it have to be Gwaine?

“Lancelot would never have agreed,” he finally decided, ignoring the nagging voice that called him a liar, “he puts too much faith in his awareness.”

Gwaine snorted slightly, looking into his mug. “Alright, alright, here’s what we’re going to do…”

“Are you sure this will work?” Leon asked, wary as he stood perhaps just a few inches too close to Gwaine on the training fields, both doing light stretches to look productive as they watched Merlin and Arthur bicker a few metres away.