b) Chapter 16

Zak's POV

"Hey, Bad!.."

"Hello, Zak."

Oh sh*t.

I was scared. Why was he so monotone? He also said my name and not my nickname. Is he mad, sad, disappointed, upset, confused? His tall structure towered over me as he passed by me because I forgot to move out of the way. It only made me shrink smaller and smaller.

He took off his shoes and hung his jacket, then he walked over to the couch.

You don't want to talk about this in private or are you just not comfortable around me anymore?

I sat down on another couch that was diangle to the right from him. He stared into my soul and I could feel it, but I had no courage to look up and face him.

"Why did you do it?" He sounded more sad than frustrated.

My breath hitched and it was noticeable too. I still hung my head low but looked at him.

"I-... I don't know. I'm sorry..."

"So you just so happen kissed me for NO reason?!" He was starting to get upset.

"I don't know! I wasn't even myself!" I said with stress.

"I wonder why, Zak!-"

"Stop yelling!" I was panicking and his yelling was only stressing me out more. I wasn't good with fights and I wasn't good with losing friends...

Not again.

"Please."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I just want to know why... why you did that." He said more calmly with a sense of pity.

We both studied the ground a bit more.

"...You almost kissed me before that... in the hallway."

I looked up but we made eye contact so I reverted back to the ground again.

"I'm so sorry Darryl, I f*cked up. I f*cked up us, I f*cked up your trust... I messed up everything."

Tears. I was on the verge of tears. They wanted to form only to fall down my face and humiliate me, to remind me of my mistakes that I can't fix, or things that I can't take back.

I felt my left side sink into the cushion a little, he had sat next to me.

He had hugged me...

You trust me just like that? You forgive me just like that? You take all the things I've done, even before the party, and you forget about it... just like that?

I started crying, so quietly that not even he could tell, but my weak shivers connected to him, too. He only hugged me tighter, any breath that was trapped inside my body escaped, and I released any body strength I had in me to just fall into him.

He fell back a little bit but caught himself and I before falling onto the couch. I could feel him smile, he placed his head on mine, and once again his warm breath touched my hair and touched my skin.