a) Chapter 6

Darryl's POV

We wandered around the library a little bit until Zak noticed his friends. A short boy with brown hair, brown eyes, a bright green scarf, and a dark blue striped hoodie was the first to notice. He also had a very unique birthmark on the right side of his face when you looked at him. It was pretty big and it was a darker skin tone than his original skin tone color.

He signed something in sign language. So, he's probably the mute one. Zak signed something back to him, they were probably saying hi to each other. I was shocked that Zak knew sign language, and I thought it was cute that he cared enough to learn some to talk to his friend.

"Wow, I can't believe you remember some sign language." Another boy popped out from behind the mute boy. He was slightly taller, he had light brown hair and a bright grey eye color, with a dark grey rim around it. He had a very round face but what was catching my eye was his very...interesting hoodie.

"Hey, I'm not that forgetful, b*tch!"

I squinted my eyes slightly and my nose scrunched up. I gave Skeppy the "language" glare.

"Sassy shorty." Mumbled the tall guy.

Skeppy literally barked back. "Hey! I am not sassy for one. And for two. I'm not short!"

I was holding back my snicker and so was the other guy, the mute boy however didn't seem one bit fazed.

"Okay, anyway, I'm Jacob, but you can call me Zelk and or Zelkam."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Darryl!"

The mute boy then introduced himself, or at least that's what I would guess he was doing. He signed so quickly that I would think that someone who even DID understand sign language couldn't keep up with him.

"He says it's nice to meet you and that you can call him Mega," Jacob said.

Mega? I didn't want to come off rude if I questioned his real name so I just kept it to myself.

He started signing again, of course, nothing I could understand but I still paid attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zak's POV

Mega started signing and I instantly caught on to what he was getting at.

"Is this the "cute" boy you were telling us about that saved you from death?"

I know Mega can't speak but I could honestly HEAR the sarcasm in his signing. I was burning with embarrassment and frustration while Mega probably smirked under his scarf, Zelk laughed, and Bad stood there confused.

"No, I did NOT word it like that" I made my hand suggestion more dramatic and aggressive when I signed, "NOT".

"Signing but not denying."

By now, Zelk was laughing so hard that he was trying his best to regain stability.

"Can someone please explain what's going on?" Bad said a little frustrated but tried to be polite.