Chapter 37.

I didn't know where I was. The tears had stopped and I was just standing looking at the lake in front of me. I was torn inside. I was broken. I pulled my phone out as it vibrated and picked up before I could check the I.D.

"Where are you Mum? Why would you run off on him? He is so confused and angry! He won't stop yelling at himself? He didn't mean to react like that. I'm scared mum. Nobody has been able to contact you. It's been three hours. Come back. I need you. Nobody can calm Dad. He is crying. Yes, full on crying. I don't know what to do. Just come back. Or tell us where you are! Please" Darcy begged into the phone. I let what she said process.

"I don't know where I am?" I said.

"What do you mean you don't know?!" she said now angry.

"D, I'll get a taxi, I'll be there soon, tell the others" I said then hung up. I called a taxi after I figured out where I was and stood on the curb waiting. Once the taxi got there I climbed in.

"Hello Miss, where are we off to today?" the old man asked. I gave him the address and he drove off. I stared out the window and thought about what was going to happen when I got back. When he pulled up to Harry's, I payed him then took a deep breath and got out. I walked up the pathway to his house and knocked on the door. Darcy opened almost immediately.

"We are going to see a movie. Come on." she said then pulled me to my car. I opened the door to my Porsche and climbed in.

"Wow this car is so cool!" she gushed as I drove. I laughed at how she was admiring it.

"You could have a car like this one day! You could become a singer or a model!" I said to her. 

"I don't know what I want to do" she said thinking.

"Whatever it is, as long as you like it, you will be happy" I said to her.

"Do you really have breast cancer?" she asked watching my face.

"Yeah, I do" I nodded and bit my lip.

"I know you will beat it" she whispered.

"I hope I do! I just can't believe I've lost my hair" I laughed.

"You already lost it?" she asked confused,

"A week ago. Nobody suspected it because it has been ages since I last saw everyone" I said. She pulled her phone out to text someone then directed me where to go. We stopped at a garden and I was so confused. She led me out of the car.

The sight in front of me was beautiful. I could hear soft music of someone singing. There was a pathway of trees that had fairy lights in them. I stepped towards them to walk down them. I heard my favorite song start to play but it was different, it sounded...live? The further I walked the louder it got. I felt like I was walking down the aisle. Candles were lit making the pathway brighter. I smiled at the beauty. I walked slowly taking it all in. At the end there was a person, and small band. There was also two groups of people to the sides. I looked back to see that Darcy had disappeared. The closer I got to the end the more distinct the music sounded. I saw all my friends and Harry's friends and family. I smiled at them but I was still confused. I could now see the person, Harry. And Ed Sheeran was near him, singing Lego House. My smile widened when I realized Harry was the only person who knew that it was my favorite song. I walked right up to him. 

"What is this?" I asked confused by smiling. He held onto my waist. He was nervous for some unknown reason.

"Sarah, by the time I finish this you will already know what I'm going to do. Sarah, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met. My thoughts always drift off to you somehow. The pain I feel when I'm not with you is unbearable and it hurts. You have this effect on me that gives me butterflies or leaves me breathless. Sarah, I have been terrible to you. I know what a jerk I am. I guess I did it because I was scared and afraid. I don't know why though. You were my best friend, you still are. Me becoming famous wrecked something so precious but it brought us back together. You are so strong. I love how you aren't afraid to yell at someone or punch them. I love how you look when you wake up in the morning, without make up, your hair is crazy and you are half awake. It makes me smile. I am the luckiest guy on earth because you love me. I am not good enough for you, i know. But how I feel about you is so strong. It's undeniable and indescribable. You saved Louis' life, you made a huge crowd of our fans shut up in under 5 seconds, you were my 'prom' date, you stopped me from marrying the wrong girl, you have given me the most beautiful daughter I could of asked for and you saved me from an unhealthy relationship. I should've done this so long ago. I know we aren't even together, but this I'm sure of. I don't care how long you have. I love you Sarah Evans. I love you so much it hurts. You are the only one." he said to me. The music had stopped half way through so everyone could hear.

He took my wig off and got down on one knee and held out a small black box. My heart stopped in my chest. The wind blew across my exposed scalp. My smile was huge and tears were running down my cheeks.

"Sarah Evans, will you marry me?" he asked opening the box to reveal and large diamond ring. Tears flooded down my cheeks as I stood there speechless registering what was happening. 

"Yes, yes, of course, yes, yes a million times yes, oh my god" I cried my hands covering my mouth in an 'oh my god' way. He stood and slipped the ring on my finger, perfectly. When he looked up to meet my eyes, I smashed my lips against his. Cheers erupted from our small crowd. Harry still held my wig. I didn't care about what would happen in the future. Harry was mine. I was Harry's.

"Two weeks, I want to be able to say your my wife in two weeks! Is that okay?" he whispered. I nodded into his chest as he hugged me. I had started chemotherapy not long ago and I would only be stable for another month before I had to stay in the hospital for the big treatment. 

"I love you Sarah" he whispered.

"I love you too Harry" I whispered back. Ed started to sing again and people came up to congratulate us. Ash was the first engulfing me in a huge hug.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH! FINALLY! AW, MY SARAH IS GROWING UP!" she squealed as we jumped up and down. I saw Louis hugging Harry.

"ABOUT TIME HAZ, TOOK YA TIME BRO!" he laughed. Then we had a bunch of other people congratulate us.

I am Happy. I had Harry. I had my daughter. I had my friends. I was planning on bathing in this happiness as I was scared it was going to disappear all too soon. They say all good things come to end. I didn't want this good thing to come to an end. My life is a good thing right now. Right now I was sure. I would fight.