Scars/Salvation

*Mature scenes ahead*

Delilah's days in the hospital wing passed slowly, fading in and out of consciousness. In the moments she was awake, she made sense of how Regulus held her close. How her mind wanted to collapse, how she was fighting against a body who wanted to thrive and her head, her head that wanted it all to stop.

For some quiet in the never ending white noise. She wasn't sure if she wanted to die, but she couldn't keep living the way she was. Couldn't keep waiting to be able to go back to bed and for just a few hours to not be herself. Maybe this thing controlled her more than she thought.

Wrist bound in white bandages, she'd been forced to apologise to Ivy, and was pleasantly surprised by Ivy's heartfelt apology. Apparently, she'd said something quite inspiring before she'd fainted, but of course, they'd both still be serving detention for the month.

The Marauders came with chocolates and flowers, Lily came with bloodshot eyes and frequently began crying at her sister's bedside, wondering why she didn't tell her how she felt. Unfortunately reminding everyone of Delilah's previous time in hospital.

"You're the golden girl, couldn't have me weighing you down." Delilah smiled as Lily looked horrified, she never meant for her little sister to feel like this. After Petunia making her feel like that her whole life, she hoped for more with Delilah. "It's not your fault Lily, I'm just not wired like the rest of you. You're the best sister I could ask for, I just- I work a little differently. Damaged goods."

"No, don't you dare. You are everything to me, Delilah," James looked wounded, bringing much-needed laughter. "I love you." Their red hair mangled together as Lily hugged her. Despite their similarities, Delilah knew with certainty that Lily would never be smeared in blood as she was. Never as close to death.

"I love you too." Pulling away, Delilah's smile disappeared for a second as she looked towards the hospital door, hoping for Regulus to appear.

"What is it little Evans?" Sirius questioned from Remus's lap.

"Where's Regulus?" They all turned to each other, unsure of how to respond. "What's happened?"

"Delilah, he hasn't come out of his room since-" Remus is stopped by Sirius elbowing him. Remus looked up at Sirius, their frowns clashing against one another.

"Since what Remus?"

"A first-year heard you two in the classroom, she heard you crying and Regulus's voice. When she went to get the teachers, she sort of implied..."

"Implied what!" She regrets moving too fast, her head becoming instantly heavy.

"Implied that he had hurt you." Sirius finishes, his eyes trailing to the floor, perhaps he was thinking of all the nights he saved his little brother from a beating. Regulus couldn't hurt a fly, let alone someone like Delilah. Remus ran his hand over Sirius's knee, lulling him from the thought.

"When we found you, it looked that way Delilah it honestly did." Lily stops running her fingers through Delilah's hair.

"There's more isn't there?"

"There's an inquiry being held against him. His wand has been taken."

"That's outrageous! I did this to myself, get Dumbledore in here now! We need to fix this-" because they can't take him away from her. They can't keep her own oxygen from her, rip it away from her lungs and still expect her to breathe perfectly fine.

Because he filled her veins, her lungs, there were things she didn't even realise were broken until he sealed everything.

"Delilah-"