Talking sense

"You have to do something."

"How'd you mean?"

"Regulus you spend all your time either A) staring at Delilah B) thinking of Delilah or C) wanking off to Delilah. I'll be honest it's putting me off." Alec announced as they all lounged in the Slytherin common room.

"I haven't done anything. I'm not making the first move."

"You didn't answer her letters." Evelyn chimed in from the table, flicking through her Divinations book.

"You hush." Zenith warned. "But she has a point. There's some suspicious looking stains on your sheets."

"Just put your pride to the side and tell her your sorry." Evan glanced up, massaging the back of his neck from straining over his potions.

"I have nothing to apologise for. I was doing it to keep her sa-"

"ENOUGH WITH THIS BULLSHIT! YOU ARE BEYOND SAVING AND SHE DOESN'T WANT TO BE KEPT SAFE SLYTHERIN'S SAKE WILL JUST FUCKING FUCK FUCK!" Evan threw his book down before storming out of the common room, slamming the dungeon door on his way out.

"What crawled up his arse and died?"

***
"You have about 4 seconds to stop moping around and help me pot Mandrake's."

"Now why would I want to do that?" Delilah announced from her bed.

"Because this is depressing." Suki gestured to her messy room, books thrown everywhere from her last mental fuck up.

"I am depressed."

"No. No. You caused this yourself, you don't get to be depressed." Suki grabbed Delilah's leg snatching her out the bed, her body falling to the floor with a thump. Begrudgingly getting dressed, they headed down to the common room.

"Delilah-"

"Nathan." Delilah hadn't seen him since the...accident. His face was perfectly healed and he barely had a scar on him, the same couldn't be said for Regulus. He had a small scar on his chin and one on his cheekbone from the incident, it almost made Delilah mad that Nathan got away lightly. "I wanted to-"

"There's no need to apologise for Regulus."

"I wasn't going to apologise? I was going to say thanks for not getting him expelled." Nathan's smile faltered before he recovered quickly.

"I know how you could really say thank you. You could go on a date with me? To Hogsmead?"

The hope in his voice made Delilah cringe.

"Nathan, I'm still with Regulus." Her finger instinctively spinning the ring he gave her.

"You are? It doesn't seem it." Delilah scowled slightly, Suki's eyes lit in amusement.

"Well, we are. Unless you want a repeat of last term I suggest you remember that." Grabbing Suki's hand, she dragged them through the castle and down towards the Greenhouses. "What a tit." Delilah hissed as she swung open the door to the Green house, Regulus looked up as Delilah's face flushed, before she could say another word, Suki and Nott were running off up the hill. "TWATS!" Delilah called after them.

"Looks like we're potting Mandrake's." Regulus pursued his lips before rolling up his sleeves, his left forearm covered in a concealment charm. They stood in silence pouring soil into the pots, Delilah kept her eyes straight ahead, whilst Regulus couldn't stop glancing to the side. "Delilah-"

"Yes?" She looked up at him, brushing mud from her nose, he realised she was wearing his jumper. R.A.B sewed into the cuff.

"I-nothing. You need more soil in that one." Delilah huffed and pursued her lips, her nose scrunching in disbelief at his ignorance.