06| Never Letting Go

Start from the beginning

Ivy lifted her head up to look at them. "Psh, he's not in love with me." Ivy paused, sitting up and leaning back on her hands. "And I don't melt." She paused and looked at Aria."I thought we were meant to stick together, you know, we both like older guys." Ivy sighed.

Ivy's eyes widened. "I don't like him." Ivy denied.

"Hmm, whatever you say." Emily teased.

○ ○ ○

Ivy and Hanna walked into the house to hear laughter. They walked into the kitchen to see Tom and Ashley making martinis.

"Hey Hanna, Ivy."

"Hey girls." Ashley smiled.

"Hey. What's going on?" Hanna asked. "Well, your father and I are cooking up a little farewell fling. Mind setting the table?"

Ivy moved to go get glasses and cutlery. "Are you still leaving in the morning?" Hanna wondered.

"Yeah. Thought it'd be nice to have one last dinner, just the four of us." Ivy rolled her eyes at his words.

"So, what's for dessert?" Hanna paused. "Or are you saving that for your new family?"

"Ooh, burn." Ivy mumbled.

Dinner was awkward, to say the least. Ivy mostly sat, not saying a word. Tom could tell Ivy despised him and kept trying to start a conversation with her, Ivy tried to reply with one word answers.

When they were all done Ivy got up immediately, taking their plates over and heading upstairs. She already felt like an intruder, she wasn't really part of their family, she was only there because her parents didn't want her. Ivy really liked Tom, thought of him as her father, until he left.

○ ○ ○

Ivy was sat looking out the window, drinking coffee, people watching. Her phone suddenly beeped. Ivy groaned and stood up from her comfortable position.

She walked over to her desk and picked up her phone. She read it for a moment before running to Hanna's room. "Did you get the email from Ali's Mom?" She asked frantically.

"No?" Hanna said. "Check your phone." Hanna picked up her phone and stared at the screen.

"Why does Mrs DiLaurentis want to have lunch with us." Hanna questioned. "I don't know, your guess is as good as mine."

Ivy's phone rang from her hand. She turned it over.

INCOMING CALL
Spencer

"Oh, it's just Spencer." Hanna nodded.

"Hello?" She answered. "Did you get an email from Mrs DiLaurentis?"

"Yeah, Hanna and I both did, did you?"

"Yeah, so did Aria." Ivy covered her hand over the phone. "Hanna, phone Emily, ask if she got an email." Hanna did just that.

○ ○ ○

The girls were now sitting at a table in the grille with Mrs DiLaurentis. Ivy was sitting next to Hanna. "Well, they've made some nice changes to the menu, haven't they. Hanna, what are you going to order?" Mrs DiLaurentis wondered.

"Um, Chinese chicken salad." Hanna answered. "Alison's favourite."

The girls gave each other awkward looks, not knowing what to say. "You must be really happy that Jason's moved back." Spencer started.

"Happy? I don't even think of that as our house anymore."

"Actually, we all thought Jason moving back was, kinda odd." Emily spoke up.