I looked back at Dex when I finally stopped spinning, still smiling and laughing. And what I saw surprised me. He was giving me a look I'd never seen from him before. He didn't look scared, but... in awe. Like he couldn't take his eyes off me.

I turned away from him and my attention went back to the snow. Before I could do anything, however, because Dex then wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and picked me up off the ground. I squealed in surprise. "What are you doing?" I demanded.

"You're going to get sick if you stay out here like this any longer," he told me, and he really did sound like a mother. "Or at least you'll get frostbite, and I'm sure you wouldn't like to lose any toes."

He was right, but I hadn't even thought of any of that. Seeing something like snow made me feel like a little kid again and I'd pretty much stopped thinking about anything else.

He practically carried me to my room and forced me inside, telling me to change into something warmer. With a roll of my eyes, I shut the door with him in the hallway and did as I was told, stripping my tank top off so I was now shirtless.

Suddenly the door burst open, causing me to scream in terror.

"It's snowing!" Aiden announced, a thousand years too late. "Get up, Kristie, it's snowing!"

"Hey!" I shouted, covering up my bare chest. "I'm changing here!"

Aiden ignored me and moved to wake Kristie up. Without a second thought, I used my powers to tug on the back of his shirt to move him away from her and back toward the door.

"Get out," I snapped. "I'm changing!"

"You're choking me!" Aiden gasped, but I didn't care.

"You done?" a new voice suddenly asked, and I turned to see Dex making his way into the room. His eyes went wide and his face turned red when he saw my arms covering my chest.

"Will you two just get out of our room?" I screamed.

This woke Kristie up, who seemed very confused by the three of us standing around the room, one of us shirtless while the other two were just standing there like idiots.

"Let me get dressed!" I shouted, shoving Aiden out of the room with my mind. He knocked into Dex on the way out, sending them both flying out into the hallway. I slammed the door shut behind them.

Kristie didn't ask any questions and I continued to change. Soon, she began to change as well and then we both made our way out of the room and into the hallway where our teammates were waiting for us, including Anthony. All three of them were dressed for the snow.

My teammates and I all hurried down the hallway and outside, all of us clearly excited about the snow. It was something that never happened in the places where we had used to live before we joined the DAU.

"Hey, Violet!" Anthony suddenly called out, and I turned just in time for a snowball to smack me right in the face.

Dex and Aiden both laughed as I wiped the snow from my face. Anthony stuck his tongue out at me, but all I did was pick up some snow and chuck it right back at him.

He dashed out of the way and the snowball hit a tree. I then turned to see him forming another one that he threw at me again.

I ducked out of the way of the incoming snowball, hitting the ground and rolling back up onto my feet. I grabbed some snow up off the ground and chucked it at Anthony. He wasn't able to dodge it and he went tumbling onto the ground.

"Snowball fight?" Aiden laughed. "I'm in!"

Dex shrugged. "Count me in, too."

We turned toward Kristie, who shook her head. "I'm going to build a snowman," she informed us. "It's something I've always wanted to do."