Idiots

Caitlyns POV:
Today is my first day of senior year and I'm excited. My mom had Lucas a week ago and had been home for 5 days. Since all her attention has been on the new born I've been helping out a lot with Ellie. I don't mind, I get it new baby and all and at least this time she wasn't ignoring me.

So I woke up at 6:30, I have to wake up a little earlier to get Ellie ready and drop her off at daycare. Even though my mom and Derek aren't working right now, Ellie still wants to go to daycare because that's where all her friends are.

I jumped straight in the shower and washed my hair, I got out and put on my outfit for the day. It was nothing fancy since it's only school, I put on a pair on mom jeans and an over sized shirt. It was now 7:15 and time to get Ellie up, she's probably already awake.

I walked into her room and she was lying awake on her bed with her toys "morning ells" I said walking over and opening the drapes.

"Morning"

"Come on let's go get breakfast" I put my hand out and she grabbed it "be quiet we don't want to wake the baby" I whispered as we walked past Lucas' room.

We got into the kitchen "what do you want?" I asked.

"Lucky charms" she smiled.

"Ok, I'll have the same" I said getting the cereal box and bowls out the cupboard and milk out the fridge.

"Ok tell me when to stop" I said while poring the milk.

"Stop" she said and I stopped pouring the milk, I got a spoon out the drawer and gave her the bowl.

"Do you want orange juice?" I asked.

She nodded and I poured her and myself a glass.

We ate our breakfast in silence. When we finished I put our bowls in the sink and we headed back up to her room.

As we walked past Lucas' room he started to cry, I told Ellie to go back to her room while I picked up Lucas and took him downstairs to moms room.

I knocked on the door with Lucas screaming in my arms "someone's hungry" I said passing him to mom.

"Oh thank you"

I walked back out and up into Ellie's room, we picked out and outfit for her and I helped her get into it.

It was 7:45 and I need to finish getting ready "Ellie you stay and play with your toys while I finish getting ready. Ok?"

"Can I come with you?" She asked.

"It won't be very interesting, but sure"

I had been letting my hair air dry over the last hour and it was now completely dry, I guess there's a plus to having thin hair.

"Ells should I straighten my hair or curl it?" I asked for her opinion.

"Curl, you look pretty with it curled"

I smile and started doing my hair "can I watch doc Mcstuffins?" She asked.

I obviously agreed because you can't say no to her cute little face.

I finished my hair and 8:15, we still had around 20 minutes till we left so I did light make up.

We walked downstairs to get our shoes on and mom and Derek were on the couch looking really tired "morning guys, yous look great" I said sarcastically.

"Ha, ha very funny caitlyn" Derek said.

"Are you leaving?" My mom asked.

"Yep, do you want me to get her after school?"