The first boy

I'm changing the name lol

"No, my water just broke"

Dereks POV:
"Oh shit, ok jump in the shower and I'll go back to the house and grab the hospital bag" I said. I was a lot more calm this time.

"No Derek this baby can't come, I'm only 8 months" she panicked leaning over in pain.

"Mer it's ok, you know the survival rate of 36 week old baby's. It's fine" I tried to reassure her.

"Mom go shower" caitlyn demanded.

"Ok" Meredith said.

Caitlyn walked Mer to the closest bathroom and I took Ellie with me to grab the hospital bag.

Caitlyn's POV:
I helped my mom in to the shower and timed her contractions "Mom there only 5 minutes apart, I think we need to go, like now" I said.

"How we have" she paused to moan in pain "no car" she finished.

"Right yeah that's a problem, you get out and dry off I'll call Derek"

I called his number.

Caitlyn: Derek get here now, her contractions are only 5 minutes apart

Derek: shit, ok I'm 15 minutes away

Caitlyn: get here quicker, this house is literally brand new and I don't feel like delivering my baby brother

Derek: just do what you have to do

I hung up and went back to where my mom was "he's 15 minutes away, let's go downstairs and wait. Do you need anything?" I said.

"No, just give me your hand"

I put my hand out and she grabbed and squeezed "ow fuck mom"

"Sorry, but I can assure you I'm in a lot more pain than you"

"I know but Jesus Christ that fucking hurt" I took my hand back and tried to shake the pain away.

We managed to get downstairs even though it took a while, just as we sat on the couch Derek burst through the door.

"Oh good, I didn't miss it" he said.

"Her contractions are 4 minutes apart, we need to go now" I said.

"Yeah I know, go to the car" he helped mom and I ran out.

We got to the hospital 10 minutes later with my moms contractions only 3 minutes apart.

I took Ellie to daycare, because she definitely doesn't want to be there for the birth and neither do I. Derek said he would text me updates and that was good enough for me.

Merediths POV:
Arizona came in "ok Mer I'm going to check how dilated you are"

I nodded.

"Ok so your 8cm your baby will be born very soon"

"Thanks, but I need drugs. Like now" I said.

"Ok Meredith I'll get drugs" Arizona said laughing.

An hour later caitlyn came up to check on us "how you doing?" She asked.

"How do you think I'm feeling" I said bluntly.

"Right stupid question, sorry" she looked at the floor.

I felt bad "sorry that was rude"

"No it's ok I get it, your about to squeeze a watermelon out a small hole" she tried to joke.