Chapter 1: Who's Kein?

Start from the beginning

I grab a hold of my shoulder before slumping onto the wall, tired, hurt, and hungry. That's the problem, no dinner for me but I can't believe elders beat up kids in this world.

It's kind of giving me the whole Harry Potter vibe you know. The wizard living in a closet under the stairs now we just need some magic to keep this whole shit going.

"For the record. I'm already out of the closet." I laughed at my own joke realizing it's so fucking lonely in this cramped place.

I'm going to get claustrophobic.

I took a deep breath and decided to look around this cramped place, maybe for something useful.

Well good to know I'm actually sitting on my bed. Apparently this is my room.

Well damn call me Harry Potter but female and gay. "So my name is... Kein?"

I searched around some more and found a diary. Typical, well at least I'll have more information into who I am and what I'm dealing with.

"Let's see... dear diary today I met a cute boy named Alexis and I liked his sister more. Well damn Kein is apparently gay too. Nice one sis." I continued reading the diary some more. I really wanna high five Kein.

Understanding the situation. My full name is Kein Rosenguard.

My family is from an almost fallen noble house.

My father got broke, my mom died after having me a few days, apparently I'm a bastard's kid and mom loved me too much so she kept me. My father kept me until he died and left me in aunt's care— my mom's real husband definitely didn't want to do anything with me. The scandals!

I took a glass shard and looked at my reflection.

I have blond hair, blue eyes, and tanned skin. From the looks of my aunt who has brown hair and green eyes.

I must've gotten some of my traits from my father. If anything I got good genes at least.

I apparently just turned 10 years old from a diary entry. It says here there were no cakes and the old hag made me work twice as much for my birthday present from her.

I snorted, "Wow what a bitch."

My aunt's name is Haren Rosenguard. From the diary entry she's the sister of my mother and she's a real bitch to me.

And you know if you get that H out and put K on it instead. We'll have Karen. I'm just saying it's definitely the most least liked names of all times now.

But it would totally fit her.

I tossed the diary away and found some first aid kit in the corner, very well hidden but my body reacted to it quite well.

I opened it up wanting to lessen the pain, I was surprised to see there were bandages and... potions with labels? As well as some money but the coins were really... gold and silver?! There was just one piece of gold and a few silver coins.

"Cool." I took one and raised it up analyzing the coin.

Nice though these can definitely be useful someday I just need to know what kind of currency they use around here. I lack the knowledge and I need a friend to guide me around.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

It felt so long as I shrank back into this closet. I didn't know I'll be hiding in a closet again but back on earth it was metaphorically and it's not really about my sexuality.