Epilogue

Epilogue

Time skip

You have made a lot of progress with Sam and your PTSD is much less triggering for you. You told him about your past problems with self harm and he helped you through that as well.

A coping tool you use for your issues is music. Tony designed a special sound proof room so that you don't accidentally activate your powers on a person. You only really use your voice when singing but it's still better than never talking.

You have started to go on missions with the team and they have mostly gone well. Stark made you a special suit and mask so that no one would learn your identity. Because of your powers and lack of identity the press nicknamed you the Silent Siren.

You want to try and get your life in a better, slightly more normal path. You discussed your idea with Wanda and Clint, so while Pietro was down for a nap you decided to ask Tony something.

You tap on Tony's shoulder in order to get his attention. "Yeah Maximoff?" He asks, turning around.

'I was wondering if there was a way for me to go to school.'

"Wait really, you want to do that?!"

'Pietro's old enough that he can be left without me for longer periods of time and I just feel it would be a good way for me to grow and possibly feel a little normal.'

"I can talk with some people and see what I can do. Okay?" You hug him.

You pull away and sign 'Thank you Tony.'

"Of course. I mean it would be a good idea to develop that, still surprisingly, smart brain of yours."

'Well I need to go train now bye Tony.'

"Bye."

You speed off to the training room. When you get there no one is around so you go over and enter training protocol 24. Several drones are deployed. You use your speed in order to make them appear 20 times slower than they are. Then while using your speed you also use your telekinetic powers to disable each individual drone. Then you watch them drop to the ground in slow motion. You find this the most calming part of training. The fact that you can do that.

You get bored and drop back to normal speed. The drones drop rather quickly after that and if the floors weren't padded they would have broken the ground. You hear clapping and turn around to see Clint and Wanda there. 'Hi.'

"You have gotten very impressive." Clint tells you. "Last time you ran training protocol 24 it took you 30 minutes. This time it took you 53 seconds." You shrug.

'I've been working with my speed more recently. I have gotten to the point where it basically feels like the whole world has slowed down rather than I'm moving fast.' You explain.

"Either way it's impressive. Not even the whole team working together could beat that time." Wanda tells you.

"Did you talk to Tony?"

'Yes.'

"Well. What did he say?"

'He said he would see what he can do. He seemed to like the idea of me going to school. Probably because it would mean me interacting with people my own age.'

"Yeah because 15 year olds understand PTSD and trauma so much." Wanda jokes.

'Still it would give me a chance to live a semi-normal life. I know I'm not exactly normal but you understand. Right?"

"Of course we understand. But you do know that if you do go to school you can't tell anyone who you really are?"

'Yeah. I was actually thinking if I did go to school I could use the last name l/n instead of Maximoff.'

"You know what?" Wanda starts "I kind of like it."

'Now can you two please leave me alone? I only have time while Pietro is napping to train.'

"Okay fine. Just don't blow anything up." Clint says while walking away. Wanda waves then follows Clint.

You wrap your hands and hang a punching bag. You start taking out all your anger on it.

Punch

'Can p-please pass tee... wait n-no the uh um'

Punch

'(GET UNDER SOMETHING ANYTHING!)'

Punch

'I promise you'll be somewhere better. With it without me'

Punch

'Are you happy mama? I remembered how to say the words. I speak English like you were teaching me.'

Punch

'Come on darling, you can figure it out.'

Punch

'You're snowflake and I'm speedy but we can't call each other that in front of the bad men.'

Punch

'Сломанный.'

Punch

'You know you want this.'

Punch

'PIETRO! WANDA!'

Punch

'That's right that's what you are trying to say darling!'

Punch

'Please don't.'

Punch

'(Okay I will)!'

Punch

'WINTER!!!'

The bag breaks and goes flying into the wall. 

You take a few breaths before hooking up another bag and starting all over again.

Twenty bags later

'Great, just great, I'm all out of punching bags' you think. You use your powers to clean up the sand that has gotten everywhere. While you are in the middle of cleaning Steve comes in. "Hey kid." You give him a small wave. "So how many bags had to suffer your wrath this time. Looks to be about ten."

'Twenty actually. I already cleaned up half of them.'

"Memories?" You nod. "Well I was coming to get you to say that we are going on a mission in about five hours. Do you think you'll be okay with it?"

'What's the mission?'

"Biological weapon. We got word that Rumlow could be involved in stealing it."

'Sounds like the best lead we've had in months.'

"It is."

'Where is it?'

"Lagos."

'What the hell.' Surely nothing bad could come from this. 

The end

A/n so this is the first story I have ever done. I hope you enjoyed it. If you enjoyed this know I am going to be releasing a sequel book called Silent Siren a Captain America Civil War x Reader.