Chapter 7

Chapter 7

You wake up in a place you are unfamiliar with. Tears running down your cheeks. You look around trying to figure out where you are.

Then you see the Avengers. "Wh-where-where am I?" you ask no one in particular.

"You are on the Avengers Quinjet." The man you knocked out when the Avengers raided the HYDRA says.

"How did... get here?"

"Well you see the captain snapped out of his trance and told us that he showed you what Ultron's true intentions were. As well as the fact that you were going to help us. Apparently your sister put you into a trance when she feels you are wrong. I went back and got you because the others are still shaken up."

"Where are... we going?"

"A safe house."

"What is you name?"

"Clint Barton."

"What are we going to do about my siblings Mr. Barton?"

"Depends on if we can get them to see why they are wrong or not."

"Mr. Barton?"

"Please call me Clint."

"Okay... Clint" you say hesitantly, "I'm sorry I was so stupid. You probably hate me."

With those words he gets up from where he is piloting and walks over to you. "I don't hate you, you were just confused. You are also very young, it's not your fault Ultron used you and your siblings."

"It probably is. I have been stupid since I was little. I confuse words, I don't understand things and I can not speak without messing that up."

"That's no reason to blame yourself." He says rubbing your back.

"It's the reason my parents died." You start to cry again. "I was just stupid little girl who couldn't figure out the word salt. Maybe if... could remember the word my parents wouldn't have been where they were. They wouldn't have fallen through the floor." You touch your pinky ring, yes it fits your pinky now, and Clint notices this. "If I wasn't stupid girl who can't think they would still be here."

"Whose ring is that?" He feels you tense up. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"No it... okay. It was Mama's."

"How did you get it?"

"You okay with me showing you. It kind of hard to talk about."

"Sure I'm okay with that."

You place your hands on his temples and show him...

Amongst the rumble you see a hand poking out. With it an all to familiar ring. "Mama?" You realize and tears fall from your eyes. In your state of shock, fear and trauma lift her hand sticking from the rubble you reach down and grab the ring off your mother's pinky finger. Then you put it in your thumb. It is the only place it will fit because your hands are still so small.

You curl up in a ball and place your hand over there to familiar cold one and sing (mothers favorite song) fully in English. "You happy mama? I remember how to say the words. I speak English like you were teaching me." Wanda and Pietro see what you are doing and come over to you and hold you. The three of you cry together.

After you show him he looks at you. A few tears fall from your eye but you quickly wipe them away. Hoping he didn't see them. Then he did something you never expected.

He hugged you.

You couldn't hold it back anymore you began to sob. You bury your face in his chest hoping to hide from yourself.

All the emotions you have felt over the years. The ones you showed the ones you didn't, they all came forward in this moment. You felt everything all over again. You lived it all again in one singular moment.

When you stop crying you look up at him. "I'm sorry you had to see me do that."

"Never apologize for crying. It's something everyone does and with what I just saw you deserve to cry. You are very strong to have lived through that." He wipes always a few more of your tears. "I know this may be hard for you but could you show me what happened that night?"

"Okay."

You put your hands on his temples again.

""Can p-please pass tee... wait n-no the uh um. (This is too difficult, why can I not speak like you guys)!" tonight was English night but you were struggling.

"Come on darling you can figure it out." Your mother says in a calming voice.

"I-it sta-arts with an S I uh umm th-think." You struggle to form the words.

"I'll give you a hint it ends in alt." Pietro says.

"Salt?"

While you were in the middle of showing him you were forced to stop when someone forced your arms from his head. "What are you doing!?" The person yells at you.

"I'm sorry I messed up again didn't I. I confused what he ment like I always do." You put your head down in shame.

Clint speaks up "Tony it's okay I asked her to show me what happened to her family."

"Didn't mess up?" You ask, tilting your head up, tears about to fall.

"No you didn't, I told you to do that you did nothing wrong okay." He wipes the tears that fell from your eyes. you nod as he pulls you into another hug. He rubs you back and whispers kind words to you till you drift off to sleep.