Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Tw: mentions of rape/sexual abuse

The next day you wake up from your usual nightmares and feel really sick. You get up and rush to the bathroom. You vomit up anything that was in your stomach and then some. After you have vomited out the contents of your stomach you still feel nauseous. You move away from the toilet, wipe your mouth and lean against the counter.

Someone knocks on the door. "Y/n are you in there? Is everything alright?" Laura asks from the other side. You don't respond, you only bury your head into your knees. Then another way of horrible nausea hits you and you start vomiting again into the toilet. "Y/n please answer me." You stop vomiting and just sit with your head over the toilet. "I'm gonna come in." Laura enters seeing you over the toilet gagging but not vomiting anymore. She comes over and pulls your hair into a ponytail. She then starts to rub your back. "You should have told me you felt sick."

"I'm fine." You lie.

"You are obviously not fine. Do you want to lay down?"

"No I just a little nauseous. Trust me it's nothing. Just a rough few days."

"I still think you should lay down." Laura continues to rub your back. You shake your head telling her 'no'. "Okay then just take it easy." She helps you up and you flush the toilet. You rinse out your mouth then make your way to the kitchen where Lila and copper are eating breakfast.

"Y/n!" They exclaim excitedly.

"Hey you two." You greet.

"Are you okay, you don't look the best?" Lila the most observant child you have ever met asks.

"I'm fine, just a little sick is all. Nothing bad."

"Okay." You quickly eat as much food as you can stomach then you leave them to finish eating and go outside where the sun is barely rising 'how are these kids up so early' you wonder.

You sit on the porch just watching the sun. It's such a beautiful sight. You feel a hand on your shoulder and see Clint there. "Why did you take me with you? I know I help your friend but other than that I've only been a stupid child who deserves none of it." Clint sits down on the porch and wraps an arm around you. "We just wanted help people not end up like us but now so many are like us. Hurt and alone."

The tears begin to fall. "I'm so stupid. I cause so much harm from being stupid. If I could have remembered the word salt Mama and Papa would still be alive. If I told Wanda and Pietro I thought Ultron was bad news and actually defended my thoughts better they wouldn't be allied with him. And if I just fought a little hard those men wouldn't have fucking done those things to me." You are sobbing again.

"They took so much from me. I remember every single time they did anything to me. I would fight then. They would tell that I was one who wanted it and would keep pushing till I would just stop fighting because no matter what did it did nothing. It never stopped them."

You just keep crying and Clint holds you tighter. "Eventually I never fought again because there was one person who would stand up for me and because he did they hurt him. Because me they hurt him." You cling into Clint. "One day he just disappeared. A month ago I was finally taken back to my family but they said if I said anything that happened my family and myself would be killed. But first they would make me suffer."

"How old are you?" Clint asks.

"I'm 13. My birthday actually next month and I'll be 14." You don't know why he wanted to know that but forget entirely about it when you feel sick again. You let go of Clint and vomit on the ground in front of the house. "I'm sorry." You choke out between gags.

He comes over to you and rubs your back. "You have nothing to be sorry about. Let's go inside okay."

"I don't know what wrong. I feel sick one minute the next I'm just fine." You tell him as you stand up.

He places the back of his hand on your forehead "well you don't feel warm." He takes his hand off your head. "If you want I can have Bruce look at you. He is a doctor."

"Okay fine."

Clint takes you back inside the house and sits you down on the couch. He comes back in about five minutes with Bruce, who you still haven't been formally introduced to. "Dr. Banner." You shake his hand. "Clint told me you are feeling sick right?" You nod because you aren't entirely comfortable with speaking at the moment. "What exactly are your symptoms?"

"I'll feel extremely nauseous one moment then next I feel like I could run a marathon." You tell him quietly. "I don't have any other symptoms of any kind so I think that it's probably nothing."

"If it's alright with you, may I take you somewhere more private to run some tests." He asks kindly. You nod again.