Chapter 17

Chapter 17

You open your eyes feeling better than you did earlier but still exhausted. You look around and see Clint and Laura sitting next to you holding a little bundle. "Clint." You say, barely even a whisper.

His eyes snap to you. "Oh my god you're okay." He says.

"Is that Pietro?" You ask.

"Yeah it's your son."

"How long have I been out?"

"Seven hours." Clint informs you, helping you sit up a little.

"How's Pietro been?" You ask while adjusting your position.

"He's been sleeping most of this time." Laura tells you.

"Where are Nathaneil, Lila and Cooper?"

"They are playing in a spare room. We wanted to be here when you woke up."

"That's very sweet of you Laura but you should go be with your kids, I think Clint can handle me."

"Okay." She gets up and leaves.

"What happened?"

"The delivery was difficult which caused a few complications." He is hesitant to continue speaking but does. "You were almost gone but luckily Bruce was able to stop the bleeding."

"Can I hold him?" You ask nervously.

"Y/n he's your son you don't have to ask." Clint says while getting up and placing Pietro in your arms. In that moment you feel the most joy you have felt in years.

You look down at your sleeping son's face. "He is so beautiful." You look around and realize you aren't in your bedroom. "Where are we?"

"The Avengers tower." Clint tells you.

"When did we get here?"

"About 4 hours ago. We moved you here while the others went on a mission." Clint looks down with a somber expression.

"What happened on the mission?"

"We lost Nat."

"Is she dead or captured?"

"Captured, but I still have no idea where she is."

"So when I'm allowed to stand again?"

"I'll go get Bruce and see." Clint gets up and runs to grab Bruce.

Pietro wakes up and starts crying and you know he's hungry but for some reason you are nervous to feed him. "I know baby give me a minute." You undo your shirt and start feeding him. You feel so lucky he didn't reject you like some babies do. "Sorry you were born into this shit show." You tell your son. Bruce and Clint get back shortly. "Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable." You tell them.

"Maximoff I have three kids, there is no way in the world this could make me uncomfortable." Clint says. "I'm not so sure about Bruce though. I don't think he's ever seen a woman's breasts." You both laugh at his joke.

"Are you okay Bruce? If you want I can cover up some more."

"It's fine, really. I mean I did see your..." He pauses for a moment deciding to not say what he was going to. "Clint said you wanted me to see your progress." You nod. He grabs a few things and runs a couple tests, which the author is too lazy to go into detail about. "Wow you are almost completely recovered. That's strange considering how difficult the delivery and operation was."

"It's probably an effect of the HYDRA experiments. Can I try to stand up now?" You say giving Pietro to Clint.

"Yeah just let me help you up." He grabs your arm and helps you slide out of the bed. You feel close to no pain and walk around but before Bruce gives you the okay to go around.