Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Bruce!" Clint calls out.

"I-it-t hu-urts." You say as the pain grows.

"BRUCE! GOD DAMN IT GET YOUR ASS UP HERE!" Clint yells. "We need to get you to a bed. Let's just try and make it up these next few steps."

"I-I ca-an't." You say as the pain begins to fade. You try to take another step but in the end you are lying against the stairs. "I ca-an't mo-ove."

"BRUCE STEVE I NEED YOU BOTH TO GET YOUR FUCKING ASSES UP HERE NOW!" Clint yells finally getting their attention.

You cry out in pain because once again a contraction hits you. Steve and Bruce come rushing up the stairs. "Bruce, get y/n's room ready for delivery. Steve, I need you to pick her up and carry her to my room while Bruce is setting up." They do as instructed.

Laura comes rushing into her and Clint's bedroom to comfort you. Steve stays because he is the only one whose hand you can hold without breaking it.

Time skip

You were moved to your room a short time after Laura came to comfort you and you have been in your room roughly, "EIGHTEEN FUCKING HOURS!!!" You scream after looking at the clock. "NOW BRUCE REMIND ME WHY I CANT FUCKING PUSH!!!"

Bruce who has honestly been really nice throughout this whole thing flinches back at your screaming. "Y-you aren't fully dilated." He says with fear in his voice. You hear this and immediately apologize. "It's fine. I've never had to go through the pain of labor or pushing a baby out of my genitals."

"How much longer will this torture have to over take me." You groan out.

"It's okay y/n you're doing great. Just keep breathing." Laura tells you.

After a few more minutes Bruce says, "Okay, I think you can push now."

"Finally!" You groan out.

"When the next contraction hits, I need you to push for as long as you can." You nod.

Laura and Clint sit on your right supporting you while Steve is on your left (a/n I added this just so I could say that) with you gripping his hand. In a few seconds your next contraction hits and you push. You let out such a loud yell you think that Ultron would be able to hear you.

Elsewhere

Wanda feels a pain in her head. Her hands fly up to it. Pietro rushes over to her. "What's wrong?"

"Something is hurting y/n. I don't know what but she is hurting."

"I swear if the Avengers hurt my little sister." Pietro says with clenched fists. "First they steal her from us now she is hurting and we don't know why." Wanda looks another direction with guilt rushing over her. She had forgotten about the lie she told Pietro about what happened to you. "Wanda what is it?"

"It's nothing, I just hope she is okay."

Back to you

You pushed through the whole contraction and his head was almost out. "Okay that was good, now just breathe and when the next one hits do the same thing."

Laura grabs a cloth and wipes your head. "You're doing amazing." She tells you.

"Just keep breathing." Clint tells you.

The next one hits and you push as hard as you can and cry out.

Elsewhere again

"The pain keeps coming and going." Wanda tells Pietro.

"Please be okay." Pietro, who is comforting his twin, whispers.

Back with you.

You keep pushing and yelling till you hear the most beautiful noise ever. Your son's crying. There is cheering from downstairs.

Bruce hands you your son and you don't even care that he's covered in bodily fluids and slimy, he's your baby and he's here. You feel so much joy in that moment.

Elsewhere

"I don't understand." Wanda says.

"What is it?"

"She's feeling joy."

Back to you

You feel a burning pain from your lower half, not like the previous contractions. Bruce takes notice of this. "EVERYBODY OUT!" He commands.

"Pietro." You say weakly as things begin to fade.

"Bruce what's going on?" Clint asks.

"Mama, papa, Wanda." You whisper though no one hears you.

"She's bleeding out. Someone take the baby and everyone leave." You feel your son lifted from your arms as Bruce starts going through his bag.

"Pietro." You whisper reaching for your baby.

You hear other randomized shouting and orders but can't figure out what they are. Then the world fades some more but not completely.

Elsewhere

"She's in pain again!" Wanda yells concerned then she gets an idea. "Maybe I could try to use my powers to talk to her."

"Just try!" Pietro yells.

He watches as a red mist fills the room as Wanda tries to reach out to you. She here's small whispers. "Pietro." Wanda gasps at how weak you sound. "Mama, papa, Wanda." She does something she's never done before and looks through your eyes.

She sees the Avengers shouting as you reach out to something. "A child?" Wanda whispers.

Your hand continues to reach as you whisper again "Pietro." She watches as the noises begin to fade.

"I need to operate now or she won't make it!" Someone yells. "Try to keep her awake. The longer she is awake the less likely we lose her." The same person says.

Another man walks over to you and taps your face. "Y/n." You stir slightly. "Y/n come one we need you to stay awake." You groan slightly. "I know it hurts and it feels impossible but we need to keep your eyes open." A needle comes into view and you start freaking out. "Y/n we need to do this or your son will be left without a mother. Like you were. Just calm down and keep your eyes open." You calm slightly and you get the injection.

"Put this on her arm." The first man commands. The second does so.

"Clint." You say and the second man turns to you. "Where is Pietro?"

"He's outside with Laura." The second man, or Clint, tells you.

"If I don't make it, can you and Laura take care of him?"

"You're going to make it." He tells you.

"But if I don't please raise him. Raise him to know he is Pietro Clinton Maximoff, my son." You say. You see him nod as the world finally goes black.

Wanda breaks the link and feels a few tears fall from her eyes. "What is it, what happened?!" Pietro asks, extremely concerned.

Wanda doesn't answer, she just goes and sits in a corner. "Wanda tell me what happened!" She says nothing. "Is she dead? Is she alive? Is she hurt? Just tell me what you saw!"

"I don't know." She whispers.