(28)

. .
. .
. .
. .

“Hello, Good Evening,. Cassandra Kane, how may I help you?” I said the line I had received anytime an unknown number called me..I'm internally laughing right now. Like damn I sound like a pro.

"Yes, Miss Kane this is Miss Lyons from Write it, Writer's and Co..” The voice at the other end said.Comparing to her how do I sound? I thought I sound professional but it's..it's like she was programmed or something..

I answered not sure what to say“Okay?”

“You must be confused, well miss Kane...I read your book that was published a year ago...Broken Wings was it something along that line..I must say I was very impressed that book is like a life story and I really love it my company and I would like you to move forward..that's if you want of course.” Yassssssss...I wanted to screamed but I wouldn't want to scare off this nice lady now would I?

“Yez miss Lyons...I'd like to.” I replied.

“Good,Good.”

“Since I have your information..I'll email you the details on when we are supposed to meet and let me tell you I see great potential in you.” The lady spoke sounded quite impressed.

“Okaay ma'am.”

We said our goodbyes and then that's it.

“OH YEAH, OH YEAH, OH YEAH.... AHAHAHA.... YASSSSSSSS!!” I shouted on top of my lungs my voice breaking at the end...I'm going to cry.  Write it, Writer'sand Co is like the most successful company ever and the CEO just spoke to me..me... Cassandra Alicia Kane...a nobody....a loner, a disgrace and all the other names that my aunt would call me...now look at me...Ive reached so far 16 years, eight of being abused; emotionally and physically...but yet here I am...here I am...

Broken Wings is the first book I have written...I actually started writing it at 14...after the incident...I didn't feel like anyone was going to love it so I stopped and deleted it because and that time I had low self-esteem..I didn't believe in me..how could I? I was bullied by my so called aunt to not be and it's not like it is a one time thing...it was constant...every single day was a constant reminder not I'm a worthless human being...so because of that I of course deleted it....and one day I just got tired and lonely and bored..And so I started again and that time I never gave up..I wrote and wrote and Bam. I finished and entered a competition and they published it for me then that's it...Broken Wings was basically my incomplete life story but still...I wrote what I was going through at that moment but used my characters to express my feelings.

A ping from my laptop brought me out of my thoughts.That must be Miss Lyons.

From: Natalie Lyons, CEO and Founder of Write It, Writer's and Co Foundation
To: Cassandra Kane

          Hello again.I have stated most of the things over the call so I don't need to write this long email or whatever just let's get to the point.

Location: Writer it , Writer's and Co Foundation
Date: February 25,2021
Time:8:30Am

Please wear anything you are comfortable in wearing but do look presentable.. Miss Kane I do look forward to meet you...Until then...Best Wishes!

Sincerely,
N.Lyons

February 25...That's like on Thursday ...Today is Tuesday...I can't wait...

****

*Meanwhile at Asher's House*

That bitch.” Shanti and Nick said simultaneously. They looked at each other evilly and smirk.Whats going on?

“Pinches,Pinches you owe me a Soda.” Shanti said grabbing Nick's arm..

“Aahhh, that hurts!” Nick screamed rubbing the area that Shanti Pinched.She then stuck her tongue out.

“You sure you are the older one sis?” I questioned amusingly. Nick laughed and she on the other hand just glared at me.

“So what are you going to do?” Nick enquired getting serious.

“To be honest I don't even know.” Was how I replied. I'm sure Victoria act dumb sometimes, correction all the times but she does got brains...Trust me that isn't the Victoria I knew in Freshman year... People change though and so can their minds.

“So you just going to let Cassie go?” Shanti asked.

“Im going to answer like I did the last time; to be honest I don't know.” I said gripping my hair.. All this is a fucking mess. “And  maybe what I have for Cassie will go away....we are barely friends anyways I–We fucked up.” They looked down knowing it's true.

“Yeah, yeah we did but tommorow I swear it I'm going to make things right..I don't know about you guys.” Shanti Stated seriously...

We talked more about what we are going to do tomorrow...I just hoped it goes well for me...I don't think What I have for Cassie is Just a small crush...I think I like–like her and I just want to get to know her more...I've only been in one serious relationship and that's with Venice and it didn't end well.

*Flashback years ago* Asher 15 and Venice 17

Stupid party.. I'm just 15..Why the fuck am I here again? The love of your life brought you here... Oh yeah..The things I do for love and speaking of which...where the heck is she? I think I spotted Vicky making out with some guy...I scanned my eyes around the room in search of  either one of the two sisters...All I see is Horny teens from different schools and even some from Larrington High school,the one that I attend.grinding oneach other...Where the hell are they..I shouldn't be here.i should be at Nick's or mine house playing Free Fire but here I am at a party with people I barely know.

I then walked in the Kitchen and spotted a blonde hair making out with some dude. With the outfit I know it's Victoria. I walked up to them and tapped on the girl's shoulder.

“Hey Vicky, have you seen Ven?” I questioned my while my eyes scan the Kitchen.

“Hey Ash, yeah she went upstairs..Check up there.” She said breathlessly smiling at me.

“Oh thanks”

I turned around and let them continue doing there business.

Why is Ven upstairs?

Is she sick?

How can she invite me to a party and abandon me just like that?

Sighs

I have to find her.

I went to the first door I saw and heard noises...What the fuck? Who is fighting?

I quickly opened up the door and went to see a guy on top of a girl..

Hey, dude get off her!” I shouted..

“What the fuck, you freak can't you see we are busy.

“Yeah kid get the fuck out of here?” Another voice said. A voice that I've grown to love so fucking much...That voice..Venice's voice.

“Venice?” I whispered backing away.

It seems like she recognized my voice because she jumped up and I can see that they weren't fighting they were shagging..If  I were in a different situation I'd be laughing my ass off but no...My heart is breaking. I turned on my heels.

“Babe, let me explain.”

“Ive seen and heard enough Venice now please continue don't let what happen just now stop you.” My voice cracked at the end how could she?

*End of flashback*

When you think that was the worst part..they started dating the next day...my heart broke further...I just couldn't imagine how she could be okay, smiling, laughing knowing what she did..guess she didn't love me at all...It's like she didn't even know me...

I swear if Asharia wasn't identical to me I'd say she wasn't mine but I know better. I do.