Chapter 4

Hey
--------

All Tommy could hear was the continuous screams of his parents, the agony and pain that laced their voices killed him.

"You could've saved us." His father said, he was covered with his own blood and ripped apart from the monsters that tore at him.

"No..no.. I wanted to I just-"

"You couldnt." His mother said, she was herself, but she had the most sinister eyes. Tommy couldnt bare to look at them, much less look at them in general.

All Tommy could do was stare at the ground, he couldnt face his parents knowing he could've saved them from those monsters, so many years ago.

"Tommy, you're the reason we're dead, you killed us." His mother spoke bitterly.

"I killed you..." he repeated back to himself.

His mother and father dissapeared into the darkness that surrounded them. He was left alone, again.

No one to save him- no, to sacrifice themselves for him.

He was trapped, along, and very terrified, and he feels that he deserves the darkness and pain that he feels.

His parents endured this, so why cant he?
-------

Tommy woke up in a puddle of sweat, he was still in this white room that he didnt understand.

The thing that he pulled out of his arm earlier, it was back in his arm.

He wouldve pulled it out if he didnt see a figure in the corner of the room, it was a boy.

He had brunette hair and fancy clothing, and a crown. It shined with gold and ruby gems.

"I could sell that for a lot of money." Tommy thought to himself, though he could do this, that would be rude of him. They helped him so far but he knew they were only helping him because they pitied him.

Tommy went to make a noise with his mouth, but all that came out was a crackle of air. This caused Tommy to cough uncontrollably, waking the boy that was sitting in the chair.

"Woah woah, you alright kid? Need some water?" He asked getting up from the chair he sat in.

Tommy could only nod as he grabbed his throat.

The brunette boy filled him up some water with a sink that sat on a counter, pretty convenient.

Tommy grabbed the water and drank it, he had almost forgotten what water tasted like, clean water that is.

He drank all the water in the cup and his coughing spree had ended.

"Need another glass?" The brunette asked lifting an eyebrow.

Tommy nodded once more and handed him the cup. He filled it up again and handed it to Tommy, who drank as much as he could in one breath.

"What's your name?" He asked, Fundy had already told them this, but he wanted to test something.

"*Tommy*" he signed, hoping he understood.

"I see, you were telling the truth. I'm Wilbur, your new friend. You can trust me Tommy." Wilbur said sitting down on the bed.

Tommy was completely uncomfortable, he did not trust this guy at all, he thought he sounded like a creep.

"*Right*" Tommy signed.

"So, why were you out in the woods all by yourself for 8 years?" He asked sitting cross cross apple souce infront of him.

"*It was 9, and we were attacked. I'm the reason why we were alone.*"

"Who attacked you?- Wilbur I told you to get me when he was awake!" A man said coming through the door, he had fancy clothing like the rest, a white button up shirt and dark green pants.

"Sorry, but he'd only just woken up, besides I wanted to see if he was lying." Wilbur said getting off the bed, the man only sighed and walked closer to Tommy.

"Hey Tommy, I'm Phil. I hope my son didnt cause to much trouble for you." He said with a warm smile.

Tommy only looked back at him, unsure of how to respond. He felt safe with them but he didnt like that there were two people in the same room with him. He felt trapped.

"Well, I have to ask you questions, but you can wait till your head heals or you can answer them now." Phil said, the same warm smile was still on his face.

"*I can answer them now*" Tommy signed.

"Wil?" Phil asked turning his head towards his son.

"Oh um, he said he can answer them now."

"Ok, how long have you been stealing for?" He asked turning his attention back to Tommy.

"*Sense Clementine left*"

"Sense Clementine left." Wilbur said translating for his father.

"Clementine?" He asked.

"*She was a wolf, I think, she took me in. She left awhile ago though.*"

"Clementine was a wolf or so he thinks, she took him in but left awhile ago."

"I see, and why cant you talk? Is there something wrong with your vocal cords?"

"*what are vocal cords? And I dont think so I just havent talked to anyone in awhile.*"

"Phil, he doesnt know what vocal cords are and he hasn't talked to anyone in awhile, so hes out of practice." Wilbur said.

"Right, I forget that hes had the same schooling as a 6 year old." Phil said.

Tommy looked offended which made Wilbur laugh, Phil looked worried as he thought he offended him severely.

"*You're good, I was just over exaggerating.*"

"He said he was kidding, no feelings were hurt."

To that  a girl walked in, she also had someone else fallow, someone he hasn't met.

"Hello I'm Niki, and this is Jack. Hes going to help you learn how to talk again." She said

Tommy was uncomfortable, there was to many people in the room. He hasn't been around people in so long he cant handle this many people in one room. Especially when all the attention is directed towards him.

Phil picked up on this.

"I think theres to many people in here. He hasn't been around to many people, me and Wil, will head out. Take him to a guest room we've set up for him. Ask one of the maids which one, they havent decided yet so you'll just have to find out from them." He said walking out with Wilbur following behind him.

"Right, well, Tommy, Jack knows sign language so you dont have to worry about that. We're gonna do some voice exercises to try and work out your vocal cords. In the process I'll see if any real damage was done to them." She said, her smile never fading.

Tommy nodded and they got started.
--------

Word count: 1095

This one was kind of filler and I dont like how it turned out but eh it's fine ig.
Bye for now!