Chapter 16

Vincent opened his closet door and searched through his dress shirts. He finally found his purple one and took it out. He already had his black skinny jeans on and his converse. He smoothed out the wrinkles in the shirt while he walked over to his mirror. He pulled his t shirt up over his head and let it drop to the floor. He never bothered to clean anything so it didn't matter to him. He turned around and craned his neck to see over his shoulder. His back was muscled and toned but it was also covered in cuts and bruises. He winced at the sight and shook his head.
"That's what you get when you street fight." He snarled bitterly. He tugged the loose fitting shirt up over his broad shoulders and buttoned it quickly. He turned his attention to finding his tie next. It was black much like the rest of his clothing items. He rummaged through the piles of clothes he never bothered to our away after he washed them and finally found it. Gingerly, he picked it up and stalked over to the mirror again. He threw it around his neck and proceeded to tie it skillfully. Satisfied with the way he was dressed, he leaved forward to examine the cut on his face that Alyssa had so kindly bestowed upon him. Scowling, he saw the long scar etched across his cheekbone which was very prominent. He vaguely wondered what they were doing now. She'd most likely already found a new person to fuck with. He snorted to himself and withdrew from the mirror. He couldn't look at himself any longer.

"Vince!" Scott bounded up to him, greeting him warmly.
Usually, Vincent hated to be called anything but his real name but he didn't mind. He'd grown close the Scott over the course of his job at Freddy Fazbear's. "Hey dude."
"You won't believe what's going on!" Scott beamed excitedly.
"What are you talking about?" Vincent sighed. As much as he liked Scott's company, he was usually over excited about almost everything.
"Isaac's finalizing the papers, so the restaurant will officially open tomorrow!" Scott tugged on his arm to drag him into the pizza place. "He's in the meeting room right now!"
"That's great, Scott." Vincent chuckled, amused that his friend was so ecstatic.
Their conversation was interrupted when the phone rang inside the kitchen. Scott muttered something about stupid customers under his breath before hastily retreating to the kitchen. Vincent stood alone in the dining area, dragging his heels across the shiny flooring. He looked up and saw three animatronics perched onstage. Their eyes were closed, seeing as they weren't functioning yet. The last one to be delivered was the chicken.. Chica. He shivered just looking at it. To him it resembled a duck. He laughed out loud, not worried about anyone overhearing.
"I told you we're not open yet!" He heard Scott faintly mutter into the phone. Vincent crept along the wall to joking him at the front desk as he set the phone down.
"I hate people." He groaned, rubbing his temple with two fingers.
"Is there anything to eat in there?" Vincent asked. His stomach was rumbling because he had skipped breakfast to arrive early.
"We have this." Scott handed Vincent a chocolate chip cookie and shrugged.
"Works for me." Vincent took it from him, grateful that his stomach's growls would cease to exist.
"Can you put some of this rat poison near the stage?" Scott stooped down behind the counter and reappeared with the bottle. "I heard some scurrying over there." He explained.
"Sure thing." Vincent placed the cookie between his teeth and clutched the bottle securely in his hands. Scott smiled warmly at him as he turned to walk back to the stage. He set the poison down on one of the booths and took the cookie out of his mouth carefully. He felt happy that he was finally getting himself together and he'd left the days of fighting behind. He was a new person and he felt that Fritz would be proud of him. Puffing out his chest with a newfound confidence, he picked up the bottle of poison when he heard tiny footsteps behind him..