Chapter 12

"I made a mistake. Why did I let her go." Vincent snarled to himself, punching the wall. An immediate throbbing sensation took over his wrist and he breathed out.
"She's not right for you, Vincent. You have a desire for blood that she doesn't understand. I understand it." Alyssa's eyes burned bright in the fading sunlight.
"Oh, cut the shit, bitch!" Vincent hollered, not caring if he attracted attention. He whipped his switchblade out and held it to her neck. She looked it over, frightened. Would he really kill her?
"You mean nothing to me. None of you mean SHIT!" Vincent yelled in her face. He felt Jeff and Derek inch away from them. He pulled the knife away and regarded her coldly.
"She LEFT YOU!" Alyssa had the nerve to shout back, shoving him away.
"Jeremy corrupted her mind." Vincent waved the knife in her face, grinning like a madman. "I'll get her back, she'll love ME."
"Good luck with that, you sorry-" Alyssa began to sneer but he grabbed her by the neck and brought her close to him.
"You were only someone to use at my dispense. I knew how I could manipulate your skank ass." Vincent took his turn to sneer and shoved her to the ground roughly.
"Hey!" Jeff shouted, leaping forward. Vincent glared at him and he thought better of his actions, returning to his place beside his brother. By now, Alyssa had clambered to her feet, blood dripping from her mouth. Her blade was in her hand and she slashed at him. The sharp dagger connected with his face and he reacted by jumping away, holding his cut cheek. The blood soaked through his fingertips. The cut was shallow, but it would scar, no doubt.
"You'll regret that, bitch." He smirked, backing away. "I'll make sure of it."

He raced down the deserted streets of town. He needed to find Nicole. She couldn't have gotten far. He clutched his cheek. It stung more than anything but he gritted his teeth and pushed on. He finally saw her, slowly dragging herself down the sidewalk. He sprinted to catch up and grabbed her shoulder. Scaring her, she spun around and her eyes widened in fear. She started to scream but Vincent pulled her into his chest, inhaling her intoxicating scent.
"Shhh.. Nicole, you're safe." He coaxed.
"No. NO! Let me go you crazy bastard!" She screeched, shoving him away. She sprang forward and for a sot second, he thought she would bolt, but she held her ground.
"Nicole.. I made a mistake.." He tried to explain.
"You threatened to kill me." She choked, accusatory.
He had done that.. Hadn't he?
"Nicole.. I love you." He confessed. He expected her eyes to fill with love and for her to run into his arms but she only looked back coldly.
"No you don't. You're heartless." She spat.
Taken aback by her hurtful words, he stumbled. Why did it hurt so much? Was it true? He placed his hand over his heart. It was there alright. It's steady beat reassured him. It was there, but it was dark. It wasn't the same.
"Don't come near me." Nicole hissed, before scurrying away, looking back to make sure he wasn't following her.
He watched her go, feeling his heart blacken more. It was over now. He had no one. He'd ruined himself. What would Fritz think? His mind snorted.
You're a murderer... It whispered smugly.
"No!" He roared, bursting away in the other direction. No...