Chapter 14

"Ah, Mr. Conelly!" A handsome looking, well groomed man met him at the door. He was grinning broadly and Vincent felt skeptical about the job. He self consciously moved his hair out of his eyes so he could better see him.
"Pleasure to meet you." Vincent shook his hand and was surprised by his firm grip.
"I'm Isaac. I'm also the manger." He moved to let Vincent step into the cool restaurant. He saw Scott sitting at a booth, tiredly answering the phone. When he saw Vincent, he gave him a weak smile and waved. Surprisingly, it pleased Vincent that Scott had remembered him from the week before. Over near a small stage that stood out against the yellow walls, a few men were carrying in large boxes. Stumbling over their own feet, they struggled to set the boxes on stage.
"What are they doing?" Vincent asked, intrigued.
"Those are the animatronics." Isaac beamed proudly, gazing at them.
"Animatronics?" Vincent asked, astonished. These weren't heard of yet.
"They're robots, they sing and dance." Isaac explained briskly, leading him around the corner to his office. "We can talk in here."
Vincent took a seat in the chair that was in front of the desk while Isaac remained leaned against it casually. He took a look around and discovered cheerful paintings and bright colors. It almost made his head throb. It disgusted him.
"So, Mr. Conelly, you're looking to work here at Freddy Fazbear's?" Isaac asked.
"Correct. I'm in a bit of a pinch with rent. I just need a job." Vincent explained quietly. He suddenly felt very shy. He wasn't used to this environment.
"I see. Tell me about yourself." Isaac moved to sit in the chair behind his desk that was littered with paperwork.
"There's not much to tell. I'm a lone wolf. I'm independent. I'd rather have a job where I don't have to interact much." Vincent told him. He wasn't sure he could handle customers.
"Hold on." Isaac pulled out a piece of paper, skillfully keeping the rest in place. He quickly scanned over it with his eyes. "We have an opening for security night guard." He folded his hands and shrugged. "If that's something you'd be interested in."
"That sounds perfect." Vincent purred to himself. He had succeeded in making him believe he was a saint.
"I took a look at your résumé." Isaac commented, scooting over to a tall filing cabinet. He revealed the Manila folder that contained all of Vincent's records. "No criminal record."
Surprisingly. Vincent grinned to himself darkly.
"Now. We run a family friendly establishment here at Freddy Fazbear's." Isaac said a little more seriously. "Are you good with kids?"
"Kids love me." Vincent smirked darkly.