New Idea

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:

"You killed her, didn't you? You killed Ammie." Manne, a girl Alley hated whispered from behind her who still had her test out. "You killed her. And I don't blame you."

"What are you talking about? I would never kill Ammie, or any other person," Alley turned around to face Manne. On top of everything, this was not what she needed right now.

"Well, she did break up you and your boyfriend." Manne added.

"That isn't a reason I'd kill her though. Now shut up." Alley hissed.

"Pregnat girl got an attitude!" Manne cried. Alley froze. How did she know she was pregnat? Why would Blake tell anyone that?

"How did you know I'm pregnat?" Alley asked lowly.

"I got a text from someone Unknown that said you were. " Manne replied, and circled in letter A on the test without even reading the question.

"Unknown?" Alley echoed, her heart pounding. Unknown knew? How? Only few people knew. How would Unknown know???

"Yeah. I still think you killed Ammie." Manne grinned, sitting back in her chair.

"I so am not the type to kill."

"You killed her." Manne insisted. Alley rolled her eyes and turned back around in her seat. She didn't know how Unknown would know she was pregnat.

"BINGGG!"

All the kids in the room got up and started heading toward the classroom door as everyone turned in their papers. Alley slowly staggered up and walked out to the lunch line.

"Alley!" Blake walked behind Alley in the line, and stood behind her but wrapped his arms around her from behind. She laughed uneasily.

"Hey." She faked a smile, and leaned back onto Blake.

"Do you know what is on the menu today?" Blake asked.

"Lasagna." Alley answered, but she couldn't shake the feeling of being lost. The thought of someone watching her everymove scared her, and she didn't know what to think or feel. How could someone know all this and not be known to her?

"Mmm. My favorite. Babe, you okay?" Blake moved his face closer to her ear. "Your pregnacy will be fine." He whispered, and kissed her softly on the neck as he pulled away.

"I know."

"Then what's wrong?" Blake asked, concerned.

"Nothing. It's nothing...Have you been getting any weird texts from someone who titles themself as unknown?'' Alley took a long breath.

"No. Why?"

"Just wondering. I've been." Alley admitted, and untangled herself from his arms to face him. She craned her neck to look into his eyes. "I need to know who Unknown is."

Blake was confused, but pulled her out of the lunch line, and headed for the library.

"What are we doing in here?" Alley asked. Sometimes she met Carter and Claire in here, but other than that, she never came in here.

"Are you new?" The librarian asked Alley, who didn't recognize her. Alley shook her head no. Alley followed Blake to the back of the library, and knelt beside him.

"What are we doing?" She repeated.

"There has to be a phone book somewhere." Blake suddenly pulled out a big black book. "Read me Unknown's number."

Alley dug in her purse to find her phone, and pulled it out, and read her latest text from Unknown. Blake flipped through a few pages, but he looked up at her slowly.

"That number doesn't exist." He said finally, standing up.

"Really?" Alley felt chills run up and down her back. Dead people don't exist either...

"That number was cancelled because the owner is gone." Blake sighed, putting his arm around her and they walked back to the cafeteria line. Alley crossed her arms and felt unsteady. What could she do? She then had an idea...

"I'll be right back." Alley walked away from Blake, and remembered in sixth grade, Carter had written her phone number on the gym wall as a joke, but someone kept texting her and always said the same thing: I am texting you from the gym. Alley had wanted badly to get ahold of that person, and she found this guy who she has always had a crush on to crack the code.

She had an idea.