Insecure - Chris Evans

Start from the beginning

"Chris," you whispered, "look at me and say that." He turned around abruptly, looking at you with a glare.

"Am I supposed to ignore them?" He asked, voice strained with anger. "You didn't tell me that—"

"That we were meeting up?" You interrupted. "We weren't supposed to. It was me and Zendaya who met up at the café, not Jacob."

"Then why isn't she in the picture, huh? Why is it you and Jacob?" He spat, taking a step closer to you.

"The paparazzi didn't catch her in it!"

"Great excuse," he sneered, taking another step forward.

"I can't believe you Christopher!"

"I can't believe you! You lied to me and now you're lying again!"

"I am not lying!" You two were now standing right in front of the other, a few inches between your chests.

"Yes, you are, Y/N." He said your name with such venom that your eyes welled up with tears.

"I'm done," you whispered, looking away from the blue eyes you loved so dearly. The blue eyes that told you you were safe and loved.

"What?" Chris had gone rigid as the words processed in his brain. He knew he had started the fight but he didn't think what could happen. He didn't think rationally and ask you. He didn't believe you and this was the outcome.

"I can't do this right now," you mumbled. "I need to sleep. I've had a busy day and you too. I think—I think we need space." You looked up at him before looking away suddenly. "I'm going to Zendaya's. I'll stay there for a—"

"No, no, no, no." Chris shook his head quickly and grabbed your wrist. "I'll take the couch, but you need to stay here. If it gets out that you spent a night at—"

"That! That's your problem, Chris!" You exclaimed, yanking your wrist out of his grasp. "You don't want anyone to know what happens between us, but, news flash, you're a fucking celebrity! Your life nor mine is private! Not everything the media says has to be true and you believe everything that the media says!"

Chris had gotten to the point where his face was flushed red with anger and embarrassment. But he stood quietly, waiting for you to be done scolding him.

"You need to ask and trust me! I'm the one you love!" You paused and looked at him with sad eyes. "Do you?" You whispered softly, stray tears falling from your eyes. Chris's eyes immediately softened.

"Of course I love you," he said, cupping your cheek. He rubbed his thumb over the fallen tears, wiping them away. "I—" his voice cracked and he didn't have the courage to say more. What was he supposed to say? That he loves you more than himself? More than life? More than anything? You already knew that. He had told you that on your first year anniversary. What else was there he could say? That he's sorry? That he should've trusted you? That he shouldn't have let his insecurities take over?

"I love you too, but... we need time," you whispered, interrupting his thoughts. "I won't go anywhere. You're taking the couch though." You both would have laughed if it was something less serious. If the fight was enough for you to cry, he knew he had fucked up. So he only nodded.

———

Chris couldn't sleep.

He tossed and turned but was unable to sleep without you on his side. He missed your touch. Even if it had only been a few hours since you last touched him, he craved it. He wanted to hug you and kiss you, telling you that he loves you. He wanted to gaze into your eyes, wondering what he did to deserve you. He wanted to know how your week was. He wanted to hear your voice, asking him weird questions and telling him your late night thoughts. He wanted to hush you with a kiss and tell you that he loves you before falling asleep with you in his arms.

He needed you.

You weren't doing any better.

You had turned around for the fifth time in ten minutes and had started to feel uneasy. You looked beside yourself and bit your lip as a fresh wave of tears made their way to your eyes. You missed Chris more with each passing second. You wanted to tell him about your shitty week, ask him weird questions that tormented you, and tell him your thoughts. You wanted him to talk to you. You wanted to lay in his arms, feeling the warmth of his body and the safety you felt when being held in his arms. You wanted to run your finger down his face, tracing his features. You wanted to hear his voice when he told you he loves you before the two of you fell into a comfortable sleep.

You needed him.

You were about to turn over again, but a creak of the door made you freeze, laying on your right side, eyes closed. You felt the bed dip behind you.

"I know you're awake," Chris whispered into you ear. You opened your eyes and turned your face to look at him. "I can't sleep without you." His eyes were sad as they raked over your face.

"Me neither," you whispered. He slipped down, getting into the covers, and brought his arms around you, bringing you close to him.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

A comfortable silence fell upon you two before Chris spoke.

"I was insecure." You turned around, facing him, confused. "I didn't want you to tell me that you didn't love me anymore and that you wanted to be with Jacob or some other man. I thought that maybe you didn't want someone years older than you."

"Oh, Chris," you cooed, cupping his cheek in your hand. He leaned into your touch, eyes fluttering close. "I love you and just you."

"Just me?" He opened his eyes, the ocean blue eyes you loved so much.

"Just you."

———

Posted on Tumblr first. This was a request on Tumblr and I really liked it.

There are more requests I'm currently writing, so if one of them are yours, don't worry about it! I haven't forgotten about you.

Until next time!