[40] ✽ Let Go ✽

Start from the beginning

"Hey Sora, what are you saying? It's not your fault so stop blaming yourself and yes, I was startled but I was saved so I don't mind it. Plus who knew that guy was a psychopath?"

Sora was still sobbing and you bit your lip, trying to think of any way to distract the two of you. However before you could do anything, another person entered the living room.

Yoongi's eyes widened when he saw his fiancee crying and his confused eyes met yours, indirectly asking what happened. You mouthed him 'yesterday' before he nodded in understanding.

"Hey, Sora?"

You watched and allowed Yoongi to slowly approach Sora who was crying endlessly. He sat beside her, patting her back whilst whispering comfort words into her ear.

Sitting in front of them, you noticed Sora chuckling before she turned and hugged her boyfriend. Yoongi offered you a gummy smile in assurance before he looked at his girl.

"Now there, stop crying will you? Let's give Yuna some time to rest and relax whilst I prepare dinner. Will you assist me?"

"Yeah, sorry for the mess."

"Don't apologise, Ara, you know you can cry on my shoulder anytime."

Sora sent a grateful smile to the love of her life and he offered a wink towards her. The duo was completely in love and really different than the early times when they first dated.

You had noticed the way both individuals had matured and grown fond of each other as they prepared themselves to tie the knot of their lives in a few days. Honestly, you were really happy to see them together that way.

"Yuna keep an eye on the door, will you? We'll fix some food and call you soon." Sora told you as she stood up to leave.

Yoongi gave her a playful smile, "and I'll fix some love for you till then."

You nodded. Sora blushed and hurried to the kitchen with Yoongi running after her. Rolling your eyes at their romance, it was sure that they would end up smooching in the kitchen.

The warmth they shared together was beautiful and though you never cared for such stuff, looking at them, in reality, made you wonder how it would feel to have that special person in your life.

Would it be as deep as it's seen?

You could not say for sure but the thought of having someone supporting you for the rest of your life was heartwarming.

Your mind wandered back to yesterday and the conversation you had with Jungkook. Though you didn't work for long, he insisted that you take a week break from the office because of the incident.

You tried to deny it, but when he brought up the wedding you couldn't help but agree because Sora's wedding was this Sunday, three days from now. Today was Thursday, the last dinner you could have with the couple because it was going to get hectic.

"Will this be the end then?"

Whispering to yourself, you tried to keep the tears from falling. The more you thought, the more it scared you that you will soon no longer have a best friend to run to or ask for comfort.

The texting, phone and video calls were some little hope but the physical presence of your bestie would be absent and that would mark a whole lot of change.

"Can I even do it alone?"

The problems in your life were still going on yet you could not be selfish. Sora had a life to live and you didn't want to ruin it. You were supposed to cheer and celebrate it instead of feeling down.

"Do what alone?"

Startled, you looked up to see Sora giving you a quizzical look. You shook your head, trying to smile through the sadness. But the tears seemed to betray your expression and Sora wasted no time fo hug you.

"Hey, it's okay."

Trying your best, you sniffed harshly with force to stop your tears. Pulling back, she gave you a concerned look and you wiped the tears away.

She didn't say anything or pressed you to talk but quietly comforted you and this was one main trait you loved about her. No one understood your feelings more than her and soon she would go away.

"Sora, I don't think I can do it alone. All this time, y-you were here with me. But in a few days, you will just go away and I will be all alone. I am happy for your marriage but, can't you stay?"

You were being greedy you knew but you had to say it or else your heart would always be burdened.

"Oh Yuna, I am so sorry that I won't be here but remember what I told you? You are the strongest person so don't say that. Me and Yoongi always have your back despite the distance so please cheer up?"

You nodded, wiping the tears away.

"I got carried by my emotions, sorry for that."

"You should let it out to lighten the burden. Now stop saying the same thing over and over before I hit you."

You laughed, allowing her joke to distract you. She laughed with you and you knew she would not be here from next week but you were not going to let it keep your mood down.

You were ready to let go now.

"What's taking so much time?"

Yoongi appeared in an apron which made you chuckle. He noticed you sniffling before he understood and shook his head like a mother.

"I leave you, two girls, alone and one of you surely starts crying. Tsk, where are the feisty girls I met?"

You snorted, "says the man in a pink apron."

Yoongi looked down at his dress before shrugging, grumbling under his breath. Sora was laughing beside you and you found it hard not to giggle along with her.

"Shut up and come eat before I burn your food."