"Then I'll go on my own. Sleep, you haven't slept for the past few days. It's my fault. I made you worry." Xu Ran said guiltily.

Liu Tong touched Xu Ran's lips with his finger. "No, Ran, please don't bring up the past. I, too, have faults. Let's pretend nothing has happened. You're all fine right now, and I'm about to be released from my incarceration. Can we be as good as before?"

Xu Ran sighed and said, "Tongtong, if you don't make things clear, you'll have a knot in your heart for the rest of your life. You can't just say you'll forget it because you said you would. So, let's schedule a time to talk about it. Nothing will go wrong as long as we stay committed to one other."

Xu Ran had heard and pondered a lot while he was in a coma. It would be a pain in the heart, he continued, if he didn't make it obvious. In that scenario, it would be preferable to make things clear. Maybe Liu Tong will accept the reality after the chat, or maybe he won't; either way, he'll think up a means to make Liu Tong accept.

They were his family and the only proof of his existence. How could he give up?

Liu Tong hesitated for a moment, then nodded and said, "Alright, then I'll go make food for you first."

He quickly threw on his clothes and went out of the room.

Xu Ran sighed again and held little Baozi in his arms. "Baozi, what should I do if your Daddy abandons me?"

But even when he was awake, little Baozi couldn't respond to him, let alone now when he was soundly asleep. Xu Ran could only communicate with himself. He only came to a complete stop when he heard footsteps outside. For Xu Ran, Liu Tong prepared noodles. Xu Ran got out of bed and dressed after putting Baozi down.

Liu Tong said, "Ran, maybe you can just eat on the bed."

Xu Ran shook his head. "No, I can take the chance to get some exercise. I'm afraid to wake up Baozi, and you go to get some sleep. I'll clean this up after eating."

"Mm," Liu Tong nodded. He hadn't slept for a few days.

After eating the egg, Xu Ran did not fall asleep. He'd been lying down for several days, and his bones appeared to have softened. He touched his brow and it wasn't hot, so he assumed everything was ok. He had no other negative emotions. He simply sighed and admitted to being a little weak. He went into a three-day coma after spending one night outside.

When it was almost dawn, Xu Ran went to bed and slept with Liu Tong in his arms.

In winter, he used not to get up early, nor did he require others like Shao Yu to do so. Anyway, in winter, there weren't many things but cold wind awaiting them even if they got up early.

They'd fed the chickens and ducks, but there were no pigs. Its Big Black will not cause any problems the next day if it was given adequate food overnight. The four dogs took about the same amount of time to rest as they did.

Xu Ran thought all was fine in this way.

Xu Ran heard someone pounding on the door when the sky was brilliant. Liu Tong must have already gotten up because no one was in his arms. When Xu Ran opened his eyes, he noticed Liu Tong putting on his clothing. "Tongtong, who's knocking!" Xu Ran inquired.

Liu Tong turned back, "It's Shao Yu. Does he wake you up? Do you want to sleep for a while longer?"

Xu Ran sat up, "No, I want to go out and take a walk. Tell Shao Yu that I have woken up, and let him go to do his work!"

"He should have come to send you medicine. I'll go take a look," Liu Tong said and opened the door.

Indeed, it was Shao Yu who came to deliver the medicine. "Is the young master awake?"

Liu Tong nodded. "He woke up last night. It has been a hard time for you. Go ahead with your stuff, and don't worry about us."

"Alright, the medicine is still hot. Let the young master take it and go downstairs to have some food! He hasn't eaten for a few days, and I'll cook some light food."

"Okay, please. We'll come downstairs later."

Liu Tong closed the door after taking the medicine from Shao Yu. Then and only then did Xu Ran get up and get dressed. Little Baozi had been sleeping for a long time and had not yet awoken. Liu Tong set the medicine on the table and went to make bed, then lifted tiny Baozi to check if he had peed.

Xu Ran said with a smile, "Baozi is getting more and more sleep now. Guess he didn't get enough of it in your belly."

Liu Tong also smiled, "I believed your words and slept too much. Guess Baozi was becoming lazy because of it. He was such a naughty kid at the beginning!"

"Isn't he still naughty? During the day, he cried often. I think he is the most disobedient kid we have."

"Didn't you just like disobedient kid?" Liu Tong said.

Xu Ran gave a warm smile. "That's something you remember. All I want is for Tangtang and Guoguo to become more lively. At such an early age, they are extremely obedient. What a pity that children do not have a childhood!"

While the two of them were talking, the little Baozi woke up in Liu Tong's arms.

Then, after waking up, he started pooping and then crying.

Liu Tong laughed, "Ran, take your medicine first. I'll go wash little Baozi's ass."

After Liu Tong said that, Xu Ran felt uneasy. Why did he have to mention both of them at the same time? However, Liu Tong had already left when Xu Ran said this, leaving Xu Ran with little choice except to consume the medicine. The flavor of traditional Chinese medicine was unappealing to many people. Not only did it taste bitter, but it also smelled bitter.

Xu Ran pressed his nose on the glass and pushed himself to swallow it. He instantly poured some water to rinse his mouth after finishing his drink, and he couldn't explain his feelings in words anyhow.

After taking the medicine, Xu Ran headed downstairs as well. Shao Yu highlighted congee with sour radish, which he described as "appealing and straightforward." It was, nevertheless, an excellent match. The noodles he'd eaten the night before had been absorbed by his stomach. As a result, he ate two bowls of congee for breakfast.

For three days, Xu Ran had slept in his bed. Every day, Tangtang and Guoguo came to see him. They were so glad to see them that they chatted around him while eating.

As an elder, Mr. Hu also taught Xu Ran not to leave the house in the middle of the night. He could merely sit in the yard if he couldn't sleep. It was preferable to walking outside, and it would be disastrous if he came across any wild creatures.

Xu Ran continued to nod and stated that he would not repeat the action. As a result, Xu Ran had a difficult time at mealtime.

05.31.21