Despite the fact that Tangtang and Guoguo didn't understand why they couldn't tell others, they nodded obediently. As a result, kids would only learn Arabic numerals and Pinyin at night. These digits and Pinyin were all easy to type, but reading them out was a challenge.

Only after the birth of young Baozi did Xu Ran teach them these things. Xu Ran believed it was past time to teach them more after seeing the words on the paper today, so he asked them two, "Tangtang and Guoguo, can you write all the numbers and Pinyin out?"

Guoguo was amusing his younger brother while Xu Ran was ignored. Tangtang stood up and said, "We can now write them, but we can't read them very well. When are you going to start teaching us?"

Xu Ran noticed when Tangtang said this, Guoguo pouted. It seemed that he didn't want to go on with the learning.

"I believe you've put in a lot of practice time. Tomorrow, I'll begin teaching you how to read. Didn't you guys wish to go to the mountain with Uncle Gao Quan recently? On the mountain, you can practice reading. Because you have company coming home from time to time, it is not safe for you to read at home. If you tell anyone else about this, Dad will get into trouble."

Xu Ran looked serious when he was speaking. Tangtang listened very carefully. Guoguo also turned to Xu Ran and replied, "Dad, I got it."

"Well, it's cold now. You guys should sleep early. I'm going back with Baozi ."

"Okay, bye, Dad," the two children took off their clothes and got into the quilt while waving to Xu Ran.

Xu Ran felt Baozi waving his little hand, too. He closed the door for the two kids before returning to his room.

When he returned, Xu Ran discovered that their bedroom door had been shut. When he raised the curtain from the window, he discovered Liu Tong had stripped down to his underwear. He was pinching the flesh that had grown on his waist for a long time.

Xu Ran was ecstatic at the sight, and he felt heated all over. He urged himself not to let his mind wander while he was still holding the baby in his arms. As a result, he closed his eyes and said the Qingxin Mantra (a mantra for clearing away the heart-fire)...

In the end, Xu Ran's silent reading was even heard by Liu Tong inside. He quickly put on his clothes and called Xu Ran in.

Xu Ran entered the room, placed tiny Baozi on the bed, and pretended to forget what he had just witnessed. To Liu Tong, he said, "It's getting late, Tongtong. Let's get some rest. We must now allow tiny Baozi to acquire a good habit of sleeping at night and playing during the day. It will be easier for any of us to look after him this way."

According to Liu Tong, "Right now, Baozi is behaving admirably. He is only mischievous during the day, therefore someone must be keeping an eye on him at all times. Ran, I believe we now have two more individuals, and we can accomplish a lot more things at home."

Xu Ran turned back and rubbed his nose, "You believe in my eyes now, right? Gao Quan and Shao Yu are both diligent and good to children. How about we give them each a big red packet on New Year's Eve?"

This time, Liu Tong didn't say following Xu Ran's idea, but replied, "Okay."

"Alright, let's sleep. I have to go to town tomorrow and prepare a gift for Qingshu. I have to figure out what gift we can send to him." With that, Xu Ran took off his clothes as well as shoes and climbed onto bed.

He put little Baozi in the middle and then he slept by the side.

____

Xu Ran got up bright and early the next day. He went to get ready over ten pieces of sausage and put them in the carriage after placing everything in the carriage. He kept thinking about what kind of gifts he could make for Qingshu while he drove.

"Longevity lock (a lock-shaped jewelry worn by children as a symbol of long life)?" This thought occurred to Xu Ran.

Xu Ran deliberated for a long time. He thought the lifespan lock was also excellent and appropriate. It was a meaningful gift, whether it was made of gold or silver. Because Qingshu was a Ge'er, Xu Ran decided to send him a silver one.

He could get a whole bunch of them. Qingshu may wear the longevity lock around his neck and a little silver bracelet around his wrist in this manner. A little bell hung from each of his feet. The bells would clash and jingle as he crawled around, generating extremely delightful sounds.

Thinking of such a scene, Xu Ran felt it was very beautiful.

However, as soon as he arrived at the town, he was stopped by someone. This person was none other than Du Xin.

When Du Xin saw Xu Ran get out of the carriage, he rushed himself at him "I've finally gotten you here, Xu Ran. You have no idea how anxiously I've been anticipating your arrival. I've waited in every parking spot in town for you, and you've finally arrived."

Xu Ran pushed him away immediately, "You are all right now. Why are you waiting for me?"

Du Xin immediately retorted, "Who said I'm all right? I am here looking for you because I need your help. You and I..."

Before Du Xin got to the point, Xu Ran started to touch his forehead. He really felt headache about it.

Xu Ran said, "Tell me directly why you're looking for me. I am busy today. I can try my best to help you."

"I..."

"But it's definitely impossible for you to go to my house. You don't have to say this," Du Xin was silenced by Xu Ran before he could start the topic.

Du Xin grumbled and responded, "How did you know I was going to bring this up? Why don't you invite me over to your place? I used your money to stay at the inn. If I stay at your house instead, you'll save a lot of money. Why don't you come to an agreement on that?"

Xu Ran insisted and shook his head, "I won't agree. It's going to be the Spring Festival soon. Aren't you going back yet? No matter how angry your dad is, he will definitely let you go home for the festival. After all, you are your dad's only son."

Du Xin raised his brows and added, "Actually, I've come to say my goodbyes. My father wrote me a letter a few days ago. He requested that I return home for the Spring Festival. He stated that he would contact me after the festival. I've been waiting for you for a few days now. It's not easy for me to get you here today. You, on the other hand, continue to refuse to let me into your home."

Xu Ran insisted, "No, it's impossible. I'll let you go when my child grows older. At the moment, I'm afraid you'll steal my child away,"

Xu Ran said seriously. Du Xin couldn't tell from his expression whether he was really joking.

Du Xin showed his displeasure by saying, "How could I possibly do such a thing? I'm not capable of raising such a small child. Even if I stole it, I'd probably throw it away. How am I capable of such foolishness? I'd like to come to your place for the sake of you. You can cook and earn money, as you can see."

Xu Ran couldn't say anything. After that, he said, "Don't think about me because I'm already married. You can go back and ask your spouse whether it's true that he can cook and make money as well. You should remember who he is!"

Du Xin began to steer the conversation away, "Haha, it's just a joke. Why are you so serious? Besides, even if you didn't get married, could I marry you? You and I are both men and neither of us is a Ge'er."

Xu Ran gave no response. He supposed that Du Xin was going to leave, so he went to the carriage and found something to send to Du Xin, "This is all of my family's food. Take it home and have it prepared for you. It's a good idea to cook it with bacon. You can claim the money as travel expenses from the inn. It's almost time for the spring celebration. Because there are likely to be a large number of people traveling to your town, it is safer for you to use a vehicle."

Xu Ran babbled on and on, but Du Xin sat calmly and listened. The more Du Xin listened, the more he realized how much he wished Xu Ran was a Ge'er. Prior to their separation, Xu Ran didn't say anything. The one went home, and the other started to work on his own business.

05.27.21