Xu Ran explained the motions of each piece as he placed them. Xu Ran was not concerned that others would figure out what he was up to. He'd be happy if they could get the hand to fit and buy the chess immediately. This individual was a quick learner. Xu Ran just had to teach him once, and he grasped practically everything. After Xu Ran completed lecturing, he instructed him to pick one pair and charged him 800 pence.

After that, Xu Ran sold two sets of 900 pence, and then the crowd almost dispersed. Most of them couldn't afford to buy it, and even if they could, they were not willing to pay.

The winter wind chilled people. Xu Ran wore quite a lot, but after standing in the wind for so long, he still felt cold and started to stomp his feet constantly.

Xu Ran and the old guy would play chess if they had no business. Vendors from the surrounding area would gather to watch, and more people would follow them. Xu Ran would naturally get his business this way.

Xu Ran was well aware that he would not be able to get much money from these individuals. He only wanted to attract more people and teach them how to play chess. Xu Ran told everyone who came to buy chess that it was best for the elderly, especially during the Spring Festival. They may use it to pass the time or send it as a present to relatives.

Poor people wouldn't believe him, but rich people would feel novel and give it a try.

Xu Ran stayed out all day on the street and only sold nine sets, the most costly of which was only one tale of silver, far less than he had anticipated. Xu Ran consoled himself by reminding himself that it was only the first day, and that things would get better the next day.

Xu Ran had been out on the street for three days in a row and had developed windburnis, which caused him pain anytime he touched it. He was still planning on doing the business himself, but Liu Tong intervened. Liu Tong stated that it didn't matter if he couldn't sell any more, and that he would never stand outside in such cold weather again.

Xu Ran touched his face and agreed after a second thought. He wouldn't go to the street to sell chess, but he still had to go to the town.

Qin Shuwu should have news, and he should go to Zhuo Yun's to see what it is. Apart from that, the shopkeeper of Zhuo Yun knew a lot of people, particularly those of a similar age. Xu Ran believed he could enlist the assistance of the merchant.

Doctor Liu prescribed ointment for Xu Ran's face recuperation, and he stayed at home for two days. When he went to town, his face was almost healed. Xu Ran had previously left more than 10 sets of chess at Qin Shuwu's, but there were none left this time when he arrived.

Seeing Qin Shuwu standing at the door and looking at him with a smug expression, Xu Ran couldn't help but say, "Brother Qin, have you sold out all the sets?"

Qin Shuwu crossed his arms and said, "Of course. What's more, someone even booked some with me. He would come over to pick them up today. Since I sold so much for you, shouldn't you do me a favor?"

Xu Ran answered, "What favor do you want?"

Qin Shuwu raised his chin and looked at him, "I heard that you got much bacon and sausage for the Zhuo Yun's family. Could I expect some from you?"

Xu Ran chuckled, "Well, Brother Qin, I will actually send some to you even if you don't ask. Do you want anything else?"

"Well, I'm simply interested in your family's delicacy. Tell me straight out if you have anything else delicious at home. I will assist you in selling another ten sets at no cost to you." Qin Shuwu expressed his thoughts.

"Yes, Brother Qin, I do. OK, I'll make it at home and bring it here next time. I'm hoping you can sell another 20 sets of chess. This year, I manufactured roughly 100 sets, just enough to sell and present."

"Presenting? Who do you want to present?" asked Qin Shuwu .

Xu Ran said, "Several friends whom I met while studying for the imperial test. They come from merchant families as well. In the coming days, some of them will come here by chance, and I'll prepare a few sets for them."

Qin Shuwu looked at Xu Ran with interest, "It seems you can sell your goods far away. Could I get involved?"

Xu Ran considered it carefully "Brother Qin, I believe it is possible. Their town's merchants sell items that we don't see in He Shui Town, and vice versa. You can purchase the shop next door and specialize in selling cooked cuisine. Your fruit shop is doing exceptionally well, and I expect the cooked food shop will do similarly well."

Qin Shuwu was originally just joking, but after Xu Ran said that he was really interested.

"What should I look for at the deli? Is it straightforward to run? What size shop should you have? I'm not sure how many individuals I should hire."

Xu Ran sighed with emotions, 'What a business old bird! I just mentioned it, and he started to think about these things!'

Xu Ran said, "Brother Qin, this can't be rushed. We have to wait until next year. When spring comes next year, I will tell you the details. You should find and buy the shop first."

Qin Shuwu rubbed his chin along, "That's right. Then we'll discuss about next year. But keep in mind that you should resolve this as soon as you deliver the meals to me. OK, I'll assist you in selling another ten chess sets."

Xu Ran reached out and gave him a high-five. "Okay, it is a deal then. Thank you for your help."

"You're welcome. Just don't forget the food for me."

He never forgot to remind Xu Ran in terms of food.

05.26.21