My unpopular opinions

The fanart in the media is killing me-

(PLEASE do not start a world war in the comments. These are just my opinions. Everyone has their own opinions about everything and that's valid. Please act civilized. Thank you.)

↬ Caleo should have happened like it did, except it should have been handled a little better. And probably expanded on (and fixed) Calypso's age problem. No offense, but I've seen fanfics describing their relationship better than what was given to us in the books (which was basically Leo calling her "hot" and "mamacita" as far as my forgetful brain remembers.) I personally think, that given more time expanding on their relationship rather than prioritizing Percabeth over literally EVERYONE else, it could've gone a million times better. 

(READ THE COMMENTS FOR THE UDPATED VERSION ON THAT OPINION^)

↬ Same with Walt and Anubis. Except it was not just one guy way older than Sadie, but two. I appreciate that it was a polyamorous relationship (probably... again, everyone has a different view on it) but... Walt grew two years older by the end of the book than he was at the starting of the same book? That's a... weird mistake to make honestly, given that Rick knew he and Sadie were in/ were going to be in a relationship. And she had just turned thirteen.

↬ Picking the Percabeth topic back up from the first point, I used to be a die-hard fan of that ship some time ago. Now, don't get me wrong, I still ship them, but you know what, I've lost interest in reading anything about them anymore. (Except for a few fics, that I just can't not read because they are too good). If you're wondering why, it's because I've realised the excessive favouritism of that ship.

Stay with me here, these two got a whole character and relationship growth which is what makes it so great. But, that's fine for one series. In Heroes of Olympus, we are introduced to so many new ships, and if I'm not wrong, they are also the protagonists. But please, go ahead and explain the growth as relationships for Frank and Hazel, Jason and Piper, and Calypso and Leo in Heroes of Olympus. I'm waiting. 

If you found at least two points, congratulations. Now compare it to the whole relationship growth of Percabeth. 

You see what I'm saying?

Look, I'm not saying that they shouldn't have had any relationship growth at all, I'm just saying that they shouldn't have literally ALL of the growth and leave nothing for the others, if you get what I mean.

↬ I was actually fine with Percy and Annabeth not having a POV in Blood of Olympus. I'm sorry, but majority of the scenes from their POV in House of Hades were them talking and kissing. I don't think I need more of that in Blood of Olympus, thank you very much. They've got enough development. I think the most interesting POVs were Reyna's and Nico's, but that could just be me (again, everyone has their own opinions), and those were literally the chapters I was eagerly looking forward to.

(GO TO THE COMMENTS FOR MY UPDATED OPINION^)

Also, due to this favouritism, most of the fandom tends to ignore that Nico went through Tartarus alone, and he was a good few years younger than Percy and Annabeth. If I even see anyone arguing and saying that he was fine because he's a child of Hades, I will flip a table. Hades, Poseidon and Zeus themselves have gone down there and they don't like it. And they're gods. This is a fucking teenager who's been through an ocean full of trauma since he was a baby. Also, here's a lovely reminder that Nico was afraid of dissolving into the shadows. So if you even try to romanticize that by saying he was a child of Hades, please. For the love of god, please stop. Re-read the books or something.

↬ I was also fine with the fact that Percy and Annabeth had no major role in Trials of Apollo. It gave us a chance to see some other characters besides those two, to be honest.