25. In The Secret Of The Night

Începe de la început

"Tribes?! Since when?"
"It's always been like that..."

"No! My father used to tell me these stories about the water empire. How great the nation was hundreds of years ago. What happened to make them shrink like that?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, honestly... all I know is that the fire nation took our lands and we're taking it back."

Their land? Doesn't he know that these lands they are both fighting for are the lands of the air nomads? "Why are you so sure that these are your territories? I have heard that the Fire Nation is also convinced that they are theirs."

"No, they are lying. They are ours."

•◦•⊱✿⊰•◦•

"Wake up, moron." Porco placed his palm on her forehead, feeling the tiniest bit of electrical energy left in her nerves. He forced them out of her body. The energy shot from Ymir's body to him, then to the ground, just like the time he had done it before.

"I'm sorry this happened to you," he whispered to himself, "I'm sorry I wasn't there in time, and that I knew you. I shouldn't have known you...all of you. It's my own fault for getting attached to you. What am I going to do now? I'm doomed... either I choose you or I choose them, I'm doomed either way." He bit his lower lip to stifle his tears, covering his eyes with one hand.

Pieck was leaning against the wall, listening to his muffled cries, the words barely making sense to her ears. She had known from the first time she saw him that he was a spy, a stranger. When she first laid her hands on Ymir's body, feeling no energy in her nervous system, she knew that someone had freed it out of her body. And who else but Galliard had brought her? No one, only him.

And she confirmed that he was a firebender when she took his face, warm under her palms. Firebenders often have a high body temperature, as the bending comes out of their bodies. Not like the other elements, which are just interactions with outside sources.

Not to mention the contempt he had shown her when they first met...waterbenders are cunning and deceitful? Who else but their kind thinks so? Kill a waterbender if you've ever seen one. That was their daily mantra.

At least she's true to herself and her friends, and he's lying in disguise. What a shame he was brainwashed by his people, they must have taught them to hate since birth.

Pieck cleared his throat, "knock, knock? Can I come in?" She flashed him a smile as Porco turned his face away and wiped it on his sleeves. "Is this his healing session already?" He said in a thick voice.

"Yes, if you allow me, sir."

He glares at her, "Why are you calling me that? Stop it."

"You give the orders now and we obey. You're our leader, may you enjoy some respect before you become a soldier again when we join the scouts."

"Cut the crap... I'm not your fucking leader."

Fucking... Mhmm, so nice do curse words come out of that filthy mouth.

"We see you that way. You saved Ymir too, didn't you? You came up with the underground travel plan to keep us alive, I didn't know you cared so much about us."

Is that true? Or did he do it for show?

"And despite the fact that you don't have any powers, you stuck with with us. That's what we call a leader, someone who cares about his fellow soldiers. You should be happy, why keep that frown on?"

Though, he looks good frowning, anyway... she smirked to herself.

"Stop talking and mind your own business." He gave her a stern look as she shrugged and continued the healing process.