22. Hideous Memories 🔞

Published on:
Sat, 8 May.
The year 2021.

(Warning: 🔞 Detailed Mature Content)

A/N: For those who aren't comfortable, skip the part. I don't wanna feel guilty for you reading this.  :")

Chapter 22|Hideous Memories

Mikasa turned around, confused, "Sorry?" Her gaze lingered on Corporal Roman. A pair of weary dull brown eyes stared at her. "What was in that paper, Ackerman?"

Her gaze went over his shoulder to the closed door. Roman followed where she looked and smiled down. "I knocked a few times, but no one answered.... I didn't expect to see you here, Ackerman. You were...?"

"Waiting for Eren."
"Uh, right... so, what was in that letter?" He sighed and watched her cling to the railing. "Would you call your bird back, please?" He said, his voice calm and low.

She nodded and whistled in the air, causing him to frown at the loud sound. Mikasa looked up into the sky looking for any sign of her bird. She cast a nervous glance at Roman when he didn't show up right away, "He'll be right back..."

"He better be..." Roman leaned on the doorframe, his gaze traveling down her back, her mid-height maroon skirt, the length of her pale bare legs. He had never seen her wear feminine clothes before, that he found it, alluring "How's your training...?" He asked, and she turned, arms crossed in front of her chest. "It's going great, sir."

"Then keep at it, if you like.... I could teach you some new moves." Roman stepped forward and leaned his elbow on the railing.

"Umm... there are other moves?" she chuckled, glancing around at the nearby buildings with her eyes, "I mean, you've taught me everything I need to know, sir."

"Have you ever been pinned face down, Ackerman?" ... Her eyes wandered, as if remembering her training. She blinked before shaking her head.

"See? That's what I mean... You still have a lot to learn..."

Suddenly, Pico clutched onto the porch railing, stretching his wings backwards. Roman flinched at the sudden bang. He reached for the rolled parchment under the bird's wing, but he drew his hand back before Pico could bite his fingers. "The scroll, bring it to me." He gestured with his fingers, flashing the bird a scowl.

Mikasa handed him the scroll which he opened and read: a bowl of .... on a .... day.

He arched a brow at the paper in his grasp, "a bowl of.... ?"
"Onion soup, sir."

"What's that? To whom was it going?"

"I was looking for a lost friend, sir. She knows the answer to this question. But Pico always return back with it, unanswered."

"Pico who?"
"My bird... this Pico..." she rubbed the bird's head. Roman flicked a glance at the giant beast and heaved a sigh, "send him away, will you?" She nodded and waved her bird away.

"What's her name, I might help you out..."
"Petra, sir."
"Last name?"
"I don't know. I only know her first name."
"How does she look like?"

"Um, ... tanned skin, long curly dark brown hair... a long nose, she also has a mole on top of her lips." Mikasa turned her face to the tangerine sky, watching Pico as he fade between the dark puffs of clouds. Calm the fuck down, Mikasa. You're doing quiet well.

"Fine. We'll keep this with us. Zis has to take a look on it." Mikasa cast him an uncertain look, which he noticed and smiled, "Don't worry, I know you're not lying." He stepped closer, "I trust you, Ackerman. You're one of my favorite soldiers... your hair has grown quite a bit, hasn't it?" He touched a lock of her hair with his fingers causing her to take a step back.