21. Disguise

Published on:
Tue, 4 May.
The year 2021

Chapter 21|Disguise

Mikasa slid down the pipes until she came across an open window. She reached up and grabbed the window frame, forcing herself through it as she fell to the floor. The veiled girl standing in front of her gasped, both of them had not seen this coming...running into each other in the early morning.

She cast a glance to the side and Mikasa glanced at where she was looking before the girl stormed off. Mikasa ran after her. Damn it! She's so fast! If only her uterus wasn't screaming right now. She reached out to grab onto the girl's clothes when the girl swerved and a wave of water flung her backwards and froze her against the wall.

Every throbbing vein in Mikasa's lower body had dropped dead, and she could no longer feel her other lower half. Numb. She panicked, and was about to turn the ice back into water when Bertholdt ran towards her. "Mikasa! Wait, I'll get you out!" He raised his sword, ready to ram into the block of ice when Mikasa screamed, "No, stop! Stop!" He flinched, and lowered his sword in confusion.

"My legs will break along with it, if you break it like that..."
"How did you..."
"I know! I just know! I can't feel the other half of my body, it's frozen, Bertholdt! It's fucking frozen!" She screamed at him, her veins popping up on her forehead as a tingle ran through her brain like she'd hit her head on a large rock.

"Okay! Okay! What do I...?"
"Fire bend! Melt it down! Hurry, Bertholdt!" She shut her eyes, trying to endure the stabbing pain in her head. Bertholdt nodded and began to melt the block of ice with his fire. It was a slow process, she knew it would take forever before it melted.

•◦•⊱✿⊰•◦•

As Armin was walking down the hall to Eren's room, someone ran past him. He caught a glimpse of a white cloth wrapped around the person's face and it didn't take him long to figure out what was going on. It was the girl from the barn. He began sprinting after her through the hallways, swaying and taking sudden directions. "Hey, hey you! Wait a minute!" he exclaimed, "I just want to talk!"

The girl suddenly stopped and thrust her hands forward, only to have the water gush towards Armin who was quick on his feet, and dodged the water. His eyes followed the movements of the water as he dodged the sudden blows with ease. Weightless, moving quickly through the air like a skilled bird. She frowned when she realized she could never score a hit with him dancing on his feet like a clown.

The young woman leapt forward and turned left, and Armin followed her, stopping in fright when he saw a dead end ahead. He took a few steps back to process this until he stormed down the stairs. Whoever had helped her escape must have bent her down to the first floor of this building.

"Armin!" Mikasa cried out as he ran past her, he gave her a look over his shoulder, "Ring the bells!" and cried out, only to hear Bertholdt yell back that he can't.

He can't? Who will ring the bells then? She will kill everyone...
Everyone!

Armin froze.

The veiled girl was standing a meter away from him. She was leering at his legs and arms, waiting for him to make the slightest move when he raised his arms in the air, defeated. "I'm not going to hurt you," he said as he stepped forward, "we can talk this out... quietly and without fighting. "His steps kept getting closer and she backed up until her back hit a hard wall.

Amin blinked only once before whipping away from the pointed dagger. Her hungry fists came in shots, with the blade wooshing and slicing through the air. He crept behind her back, moving with her body movements and avoiding being stabbed or struck in any area. He was like a shadow, mimicking every movement of her limbs, only to avoid her and not hit her back.