15. The Fall Of Sonne Tal

Published on:
Tue, 6 Apr.
The year 2021

Chapter 15|The Fall Of Sonne Tal

Armin leaned against the railing, "I’m not foolish, Eren. I noticed something was wrong since you left, but still came back that night for dinner." The fact that they smelled too made him suspect something was wrong. He knew Eren had thrown up, and that never happens unless he had cinnamon in his food. But Mikasa would never feed him anything like that. What else could've upset his stomach?

So he knew all along, but acted like he was playing dumb the whole time? What a snake. He never thought Armin was capable of something like that. What did he think of him all this time? What was behind all the looks he's been giving him these two months? He wants to hear him say it. He wants to see the look in his eyes when he spits it out. Eren stood up, causing Mikasa to stand up, as well. Fists clenched, voice low and husky, "What do you think was wrong that night, Armin?"

Mikasa let her gaze wander back and forth between her two friends, the snakes of fear clouding her body with their venom.

Armin glanced at Eren's trembling fists, he was shaking and the look in his eyes sent a gulp down his throat. What? Why's he looking at him like that? Will he punch him if he didn't like his answer? Because he'll let him, yes.. he'll let him punch him. It's not like he can do anything about it. "I don't know. But Mikasa wasn't shocked by the news of your parents' death, at all. She was more scared than shocked when she heard it."

Hovering over the truth... Is he trying to test his patience? He could just say it. Eren knows very well that he knows! Why is he playing games? "If you know something, spit it out!" Eren growled, an aralming tone in his voice.

"You ... you killed him, didn't you?"

Words came at him like a blast, as if he had never expected them. His legs shook, unable to carry him any longer and he sat himself down on the stair steps. He knows then... since when did he look at him like that?

"Because he knew about Aunt Carla?" Eren looked down at the floor frowning, what does he mean he knew about Carla? Did he know she was a waterbender? "So he knew about her ..." he heard him say and with a glimpse of an eye, he grabbed Armin by the shirt, "How did you know about her?!"

Mikasa flinched and tried to pull them apart, but Eren's grip was firm, holding Armin the way claws clinged onto flesh.

There wasn't a single store in the entire city that sold water bags like that. Let alone wet laundry that dried in no less than seven minutes. It was pretty obvious that Armin was confused as to how Eren hadn't noticed, when he lived under the same roof as his mother.

The longer Armin remained silent, the more Eren's anger fueled. "How could you know and not tell me!" He shook his head, his eyes accusing him of betrayal. Armin was supposed to be his best friend, why had he never told him about his mother?

"I'm not the one who decides that."

Eren greeted his teeth, "shut up!"

"She could have told you if she wanted to, but she hid it, which means she didn't want you to know! You were never meant to know about it!"

"Just shut the fuck up!"

Mikasa was staring at the floor, recalling the day Carla had asked her for a minute in her room. An image of the kitchen reappeared before her eyes, "Mikasa, honey, can I talk to you for a minute?" She followed her into her bedroom, the door closed behind them, and they sat down on the mattress. "I know you were wondering if you were getting new clothes this month-"

"No, I-"
"Which I did," Carla pulled a couple of new dresses out of the closet. "I bought you some dresses that I was afraid you wouldn't like because they were blue." Mikasa blinked at the beautiful dresses spread on the bed, non of them were blue which got her confused at first.