Chapter Fourteen

Começar do início

Telling her the truth would ruin me and possibly her relationship with her brother but I was beyond caring. Bishop deserved to get hurt and feel even a fraction of what I did when he beat me up and warned me off his sister. Ivy deserved to be happy and I hoped that after I told her the truth, we could fix things and hopefully try again. Now I just had to figure out the best way to approach the discussion.

After I was done editing and had transferred everything to the flash drive I turned around to face Pierra. She noticed me move and looked up from her phone.

"Are you done?"She asked and I nodded getting worked up about what I was about to tell her.

"Yeah thanks for being patient."I found myself saying instead of telling her what was really bothering me.

"Your work is good and I'm sure it doesn't take two minutes to create such master pieces."She replied getting up and I started freaking out.

She wanted to leave yet I hadn't told her what was really in my heart.

"Before you leave can we talk?"I requested handing over the flash drive to her.

I wanted her to know it was her choice if she wanted to stay and listen to me or leave. Holding the flash drive would make her feel trapped and like she had no option and I didn't want that.

"We already talked, you said what you had to and I heard you. What more do you want to say that you didn't then?"She asked looking impatient but at least she wasn't leaving.

"The truth."I declared and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"What truth?"She questioned crossing her hands over her chest.

"It was your brother."I confessed in one big breathing risking my life all over again.

If she confronted Bishop he would come for me and I would probably not survive this time but I didn't care. I wanted Pierra to be happy with me because I knew I was capable of making her happy but for that to happen I had to tell her the truth first.

"What do you mean it was my brother?"She asked looking confused.

I sighed scratching my forehead nervously and decided to just go for it and tell her the whole truth from the beginning.

"On the night of our date I was going home when he and his goons tried to run me over. I swerved off the road and landed on a fence after falling of the bike. Bishop got out of the car, threatened me and had his goons beat me up mercilessly except for my face, probably so as to help me hide what happened from you better. A woman going home from work saw the incident and screamed but I passed out and woke up three days later in the hospital. I lost a lot of blood and broke two ribs so I was there for two weeks then spent two more healing at Cass' house. I had to sell one of my cameras to pay for the damages on the bike and cover the medical bills."I explained in one big breath.

Pierra looked at me with wide eyes, hand clasped over her chest as she took everything that I'd told her in. I stood up from the chair and pulled off my shirt and twirled to show her my still bruised back and front. I was healing well but my ribs still hurt when I did something that exerted too much energy. A gasp escaped from Pierra as her eyes ran over the healing bruises and scars.

"Bishop and his goons did that to you?"She asked in a quiet voice a lone tear sliding from her eye.

I didn't show her to make her cry, just to prove to her that I was not lying.

"Yes."I replied and she quickly swiped off the tears and looked up to meet my eyes with an emotion I couldn't quite out a finger on reflecting in her eyes.