||23|| The Winter Festival

Y/n stood there marvelling at the wonder of the festival. Blue lanterns were strung across the building which was basically just a giant picnic shelter, but much larger and could house hundreds of people inside of it. It had a single wall at the very back, every other side was lined with small shops or trade with little goodies for the season. There were also many stands of food which Y/n was very excited about as it had been a long time since she had had a meal with food like that, there was also many other winter-y decorations, and in the centre of the place there was a enormous pine tree lined with blue and orange candles and lanterns.

"You weren't kidding when you said it was a festival. I thought it would just have the bare minimum but this is even more well done than the festivals we had at our kingdoms!" Y/n exclaimed excited as they entered the building that was hosting it, Technoblade nodding his head in agreement.

"Seriously?" Skeppy asked, "Your festivals were that lame that ours could top them? That's just sad." He said jokingly. "Yeah, to be honest it actually is." Y/n agreed.

They all walked further into the crowds of the festival and admired the various scenes going on around them.

"Hey Dream," Y/n said, "Weren't you saying something about if we went through the middle of the Badlands we would most likely come across the largest centre of trade?" She asked him. "Yeah I did." He answered, "Isn't this the place?" Y/n continued, "Yes." Dream answered again, "Didn't you say it ws the most dangerous place out here?" She pressed. "Yeah I did," The masked man said, "And all other times of the year it is. The only time it's safe is during the festivals. Actually during the festivals it's probably the safest place you can be." He told her. "Why is that?" She asked him curiously, "Well because during these times of the year, at the festivals everyone is just trying to have a good time so no one really would bother trying to harm anyone." He explained to her. "Ah," She said after, "I see."

When they all got far enough in they decided to agree upon a time and place to meet up again after doing some wandering throughout the festival. "I say we meet back at the tree at around midnight just after the musicians leave for the night." Jack suggested, "Sounds good to me." Fundy piped up and the rest nodded and agreed to Jacks idea.

"So, where do you wanna go first Techno?" Y/n asked him as soon as they split from the group. "I dunno, I'll go wherever you go seeming as I have no particular motivation to go anywhere specific here." He said monotonously, "Alright then," She said, "To the food it is then!" she said as she lead him to the many tables of various assortments of food.

"Of course you head straight for the food." Technoblade said with a chuckle when they arrived at the tables, "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" She said as she took a plate and began putting everything in reach of her on it.

After they had each gotten what they wanted, they found a nice quiet table to sit and eat at. While they ate Y/n admired how the blue lights stood out against the darkness of the night, but not so much as to ruin the cool winter vibe that the place held. "Man, I wish our festivals were like this." Y/n thought out loud, "Yeah, it would've been nice." agreed Technoblade absent mindedly.

As the night dragged on the two wandered throughout the festival, checking out different places within the shelter and getting to know where things were. Y/n was very excited by everything while Techno, though just as amused, did not seem to show as much enthusiasm for it as she did, but he enjoyed it none the less.

It was closing in on eleven o'clock p.m. when the music of the event changed, and along with it the mood entirely, going from more festive and cheery, to more slow and traditional.

When this change occourred, Y/n and Techno noticed many of the people getting into pairs and beginning to dance.

"Oh no..." Y/n said despaired, "Is this a slow dance?" She said frowning. "C'mon people! It was a good night and then you had to ruin it with this." Y/n pouted while crossing her arms across her chest, "I hate slow dances." She muttered under her breathe to which Techno had to stifle a laugh at how she was acting so childishly.