||21|| The First Snow

Over the next couple of days the temperature began to drop by a lot. The days grew shorter and the wind was chilled and Y/n could smell snow on the horizon and she expected that they would be hit with the first flurries of it soon. Their routine stayed the same, but Y/n was beginning to grow anxious. She'd no idea when they'd get back home, even with taking what she hoped would be the shorter route, but from what Dream had explained they had been taken far out to the west to Jschlatt's city, and their kindoms were to the far east off the coasts of the nearby seas.

"Seas?" She had asked Dream when he first mentioned them, "I don't recall ever seeing any seas near our kingdoms." She said turning to Technoblade, who just shook his head. "That's because you're far enough inland that you can't see it, but trust me, travel about a hundred miles or so outside your kindoms boarders into the Badlands, you'll find it." He told them.

So that's what they had to do. Travel miles and miles to the east towards the seas.

It had been nearly a week of traveling since they left Karl's and Quackity's place when the first snowfall hit them. It wasn't a ton but it was enough to slow them down a fair amount and tire the group out much easier, so that by the time they had set up camp for the night almost everyone was exhausted and shiverinig. All but Technoblade and Y/n who were accostomed to the lack of heat as where they came from was chillier than other places, so it was less draining on them.

Karl got a fire going quickly and began cooking with BadBoyHalo once again, whilst everyone else sat around the fire and began to warm themselves up. The group soon began conversing and chatting amongst themselves, and cracking sometimes concerning jokes at one another.

Soon enough the soup BBH and Karl had been heating was finished and everyone was handed a warm bowl of mushroom soup. As they ate the ten continued talking, but in a much less chaotic manner.

While the night dragged on the cold in the air increased and it soon began to snow again, letting small flakes of the white matter drift down to land on the top of the groups heads before melting into their hair.

They all went to sleep as fast as they could so they could get on the road again and hope that the walking would help keep them warmer, which is somewhat did. Colder and colder the nights became as each one brought them farther into the white wasteland of winter. Snowflakes flittering down upon them for hours on end and driving many of the members insane with annoyance.

"Okay, I don't care if it's not evening yet, we are stopping and setting up camp now because I need out of this god damned snow." Quackity said at last. Many of the rest of the group let out silent sighs of relief at this while few stayed completely silent. "Alright fine," Dream said, "I suppose it couldn't hurt to stop early today." He told them.

So they found a suitable place and set up their camp for the night early and started a fire out of the wind to keep warm.

Food was soon being cooked once again and everyone sat down around the fire, using what little heat it provided to keep themselves from freezing. Soon the meal was handed out and everyone ate the hot food quickly, then all went back to small talk or silence.

Despite being used to the cold, it was beginning to get to Y/n and she began shivering uncontrollably no matter how hard she tried to prevent it. Techno, who sat right beside Y/n, noticed this, so he silently took his cape off, and wrapped it around the chilled girl next to him.

At first Y/n was just confused but then she realized what happened and was grateful for his gesture. She gave him a bright smile then turned back towards the fire and curled herself up in Technoblades cape, and flopped over to lean on Technoblade's side. Technoblade looked down at her adorable face which held the most awkward expression as she lay there like a ball, and debated on whether or not to just leave her there. In the end, he decided it best to simply let Y/n lay there and vibe like the awkward little potato she was. Techno had to multiple times refrain himself from patting her head while she sat there. She was just so cute though.

Soon they all went to their tents for the night except for Y/n as she took first watch that night.

After a few hours, Y/n's shift was finished and she went to go wake Skeppy for him to take up his position as watchman next. She then proceeded to head to her and Techno's tent, his cape still wrapped tightly around her to keep warm.

When she arrived in the tent, it appeared at first that Techno was sleeping, but that assumption was soon proven wrong as the minute she lay down he rolled over to face her and said, "Still cold out there?" He joked. "Tch, yep." She deadpanned back at him. "Ya know you could try to be nice at least." Techno said in a teasing manner, "And why would I do that?" She asked him, playing his little game back, "Because morals and... uhm.... You know what, valid." He said as he struggled to come up with a reason, causing the both of them to laugh quietly.

"Heh heh.... True..." Y/n said as she pulled the blankets and cape tighter around herself as she started to shake again. Techno saw this and going against every fiber in his being, took his arm and wrapped it around her, and pulled her in close to his side. She then snuggled herself in nice and close to his heat, and drifted off to sleep. Techno however did not rest, he lay there making sure she stayed warm and comfortable until finally he too drifted off.

When Techno awoke, Y/n was sleeping soundly as she had last been when he fell asleep, and he sighed as he wondered if anyone else was up yet other than whoever was on watch. He couldn't be sure of who it was but he heard talking and then decided to not leave the tent as that would most likely mean he would have to be social, and Technoblade did not want to do that this early in the morning.

Before long though, Y/n woke up too and the two of them then went out to the now smoldering fire, and began to cook some chicken over it for themselves.

"It snowed a lot during the night didn't it." Y/n pointed out, "Yeah, it really did." Technoblade agreed, "Gonna get harder and harder to travel the more snow that falls." She said, "Uh-huh..." Techno agreed absent mindedly. "Yup," Dream's voice suddenly was heard, "Which means we have to get going earlier." He said before heading to get the others in the camp up. Techno and Y/n exchanged an jokingly annoyed look, then went back to what they were doing.

Not Proofread

A/n: Hey ya'll! sorry that this is a shorter chapter these are all kinda filler chapters for in between major plot events so yeah. I'm also just trying to kinda get something out for you guys, like literally anything at this point. So yeah, here's a filler chapter not super important stuff but whatever it's something which last i checked is better than nothing.