||5|| Nether Adventures (Part 1)

"Oh hell yeah." y/n responded, a mischievous grin on her face. "Ladies first." Techno said, gesturing towards to portal, his face holding the same look of mischief. "What, you scared?" y/n teased, "No, i'm simply being polite." He said curtly. "Ok then, suit yourself." She said before jumping through the portal, Techno following directly behind her. When they came through on the other side their eyes widened with awe at the realm. It was filled with dangerous things and covered in fire and lava, it was almost as if they had arrived in living hell, only it wasn't. As they looked down from the ledge they were standing on they saw what seemed to be an endless lake of lava, and when they looked above they saw more platforms of the strange ground, and many white floating things that somewhat resembled a jellyfish but in ghost form. The whole realm was just an entirely different concept to them and they were shocked at how similar the place was to the descriptions of it they had seen in books.

"Well, are we just gonna stand here or are we actually take a look around the place?" y/n asked Techno bluntly "Yeah, let's take a look around the place, see what we can find." He responded. The two then started finding the safest route down to more level ground that wasn't so high up. As they descended down, they crossed paths with three little blob things "Magma cubes." Techno said, recognizing the mob from a book he had read about the Nether. "Are they dangerous?" y/n asked him, "Not really no. They usually end up just jumping around annoyingly in front of you then falling accidently and killing themselves but they aren't a threat." He answered "But we can still kill them if you want." He added afterwards. "Nah, I think we'll spare them. Besides, I think they're kinda cute." She admitted, happily watching them bounce around on the thin bridge of netherrack until one of them fell off into the lava. Y/n's face went blank before she said "Let's keep moving, shall we?" and they continued on their way.

When they reached the ground they were headed to, a fireball suddenly was hurtled past their heads, barely missing y/n's face. They turned toward the direction it came from just as another one came flying at them. Y/n ducked and Techno brought out his axe and hit the fireball back at the creature that had shot it. It hit the Ghast straight in the face, causing it to turn and leave. Techno then turned to y/n who was crouched on the ground and gave her a hand to get up. "Was that one of those Ghast things they talked about in the books?" y/n asked the hybrid, "Yes it was, and you would've known how to combat it if you had taken my advice and actually taken in the information in the book." He responded with amusement and a hint of annoyance in his tone. "Well, at least I actually read the book. You can't expect more than that from me. The only book information I take in is the names of characters from those mythology books you gave me." y/n said with a chuckle, Techno joining in after a few seconds. The two continued walking, looking for anything interesting but so far they found only netherrack, lava, fire and mobs and the occasional soul sand. They were unsure of how long they had been travelling for, but it had to be a number of hours by now and they had still found nothing. At least they hadn't until now. There, only a few hundred blocks away, was what was known as a Nether Fortress.

The place was a dark burgundy in colour, and made of bricks. It was a very large structure and there was no way in from the bottom where they were. "So how do you suppose we break into this Fortress and rob it? 'Cuz we ain't getting in from where we are now." y/n remarked. "Well we can either climb the wall, which I doubt anyone wants to do, or we can go up the very conveniently placed side of this netherrack mountain, hill-thingy to that also conveniently placed bridge up there and use that to get in." Techno responded in a sarcastic tone. Y/n looked to where he was gesturing to and saw the perfectly made path up to the bridge he had also pointed out. "....Oh, yeah. I suppose we could do that." She said. Techno then began to walk up the side of the 'mountain, hill-thingy' as he had called it, and y/n followed suit. When they reached the top y/n could see the Nether Fortress more clearly. It appeared to have multiple bridges coming from the outside into the inside, and there seemed to be a lot of what she was thinking were Blazes, Wither Skeletons and Piglins. "Ok, let's go." Y/n said as they jumped onto the bride, immediately getting shot at by the Wither Skeletons and Blazes, the Piglins just ignored them. Techno and y/n quickly took care of the mobs with the netherite enchanted weapons they had got from the blacksmith years back, even though this was their first time in the nether, trades had given them netherite which they had made into weapons. From the bridge the two continued into the Fortress and saw that there was multiple halls and small rooms and corridors going off of the main. "Should we split up?" y/n asked Techno as he would probably know more about the Nether than her. "Well we should probably go find the Blaze spawners and destroy those so no more Blazes can spawn. There should be about three here, and we could probably find them faster if we split up, yes." he said "Ok, so we'll find the spawners and meet back here after we've found them all." y/n concluded, and the two then went their separate ways to find the Blaze spawners.

Techno walked down the left corridor seeing as y/n went to the right, and immediately found a Blaze spawner in the first room he came across. The hybrid crouched down hoping not to be spotted by the Blaze's that were already there, and started up the stairs leading to the platform it was on, still keeping as stealthy as possible. When he was just about at the top, he misstepped slightly and his hoofed foot hit the brick with a soft click noise -which he had been lucky to avoid making so far- but it was enough to alert the Blaze's of his presence there. They quickly turned to the source of the noise to see Techno crouched there. Axe in hand, Techno leapt up and landed a critical hit on one of the Blaze's, killing it instantly. As it disappeared as all mobs do when they're killed, it dropped a few blaze rods, which were very valuable because of they're use in many potions, but were a extremely difficult ingredient to get a hold of. Techno picked them up quickly before going to deal with the second Blaze that was there. The Blaze fired at him but hybrid dodged and swung at it. Before it had time to react, Techno had slain the second one as well. This Blaze only dropped one blaze rod, but Techno snatched it up anyway.

Techno then pulled out his pickaxe and started breaking the spawner, trying to get rid of it before more Blaze's could spawn and attack him. He mined fast and within seconds the spawner was broken, leaving nothing behind. Techno sighed in relief and wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead. Techno disliked how hot the Nether was, but there was really nothing he could do about it. He then set off to find the rest of the Blaze spawners.

Y/n had just arrived back after destroying a single Blaze spawner and when she found none more decided to head back to where they agreed to meet. She suspected that Techno had already destroyed the others, but when she got there he was nowhere to be found, so she just stood and studied the wall, taking all the little cracks and crevices. After a few minutes she heard yelling and turned to see Techno running like his life depended on it, and to be fair, it kinda did as right behind him, was a Wither. "Why are you standing there idiot RUN!" the pig hybrid yelled at y/n before running past y/n, grabbing her shirt and dragging her along as he past her. "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET A WITHER AFTER YOU!?!" y/n screamed at Techno before picking up the pace so she was right up beside him. "I may or may not have found some soul sand and wither skulls and wanted to try it out but are we really going to have this conversation NOW?" he said panicked, as they had never fought a wither before and had no idea what to do, especially since Withers were one of the strongest mob bosses out there, probably even the strongest.

As the two kept running, the Wither still was dead on their feet, shooting at them and just barely missing. "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU EVEN WANNA TEST THAT?" y/n continued screaming questions at Techno "I DON'T KNOW IT SEEMED FUN!?" he answered distracted. "IT SEEMED FUN!?!" she screamed in disbelief. "TECHNO NO, THAT SEEMS DANGEROUS!" y/n continued to scold her friend for his stupidity. And here she thought she was the one who did the stupid dangerous things, of all people she thought Techno would've known better, but then again, extremely dangerous mob that you can spawn at any time as long as you have the materials did see like his kind of weapon, so then again, she should've expected this as well.

While they ran they saw a warped forest biome and had the genius idea to hide in it. Unfortunately, these two were just magnets for disaster at the moment, and ran into a group of Hoglins. The boar like creatures were vicious and started attacking them, and with the Wither still after them they had trouble fending them off. Eventually the Wither ceased chasing them and went to look for something else easier to get. They were now free of one thing, and that made the Hoglins now at a disadvantage. Techno and y/n made quick work of them and that's when they took in their surroundings. "Uhhm..... Where was was the portal again?" y/n asked Techno "........That way I think?" he said looking around in every direction. "Techno, you are implying that it could be anywhere by doing that." y/n remarked. "That's because it literally could be anywhere at this point." he said calmly. That's when realization hit the both of them.

They were lost in the Nether.

Not Proofread

A/n: two chapters in one day again wooooo! lost in the nether? what will they do? i have no idea! oh my lord this is the longest chapter i've written so far, 5.3 pages lmao i mean it's not that long but all the other chapters have been 3 pages and under so. anyway, i might post chapter 6 this evening or later this afternoon. but anyways enjoy!