||13|| They May Not Leave Here Together

Y/n sat intently on the bench as she waited for Techno to wake up. The guards had brought him in after he passed out from blood loss in the arena and when they weren't going to do anything about his wounds y/n asked for some wrappings and was given a few bandages to do as she pleased with them. She wrapped the gash on his back as best she could with what she had, and whatever was left over she put on his calf. His hand didn't need any major medical attention so she left it as it was.

Though Techno continued to bleed after she had wrapped him, it wasn't as bad as before and much more controlled. She kept an eye on him for the past couple of hours while she awaited for him to return to consciousness. She hadn't been able to do anything but since he got returned to the cell.

Suddenly the form in front of her stirred and she saw Techno beginning to wake. Y/n sat where she was and let him get up as fast or as slowly as he needed to. He sat up carefully, and rubbed his eyes with his hands to try and clear his vision. He looked around confused at first but then put two and two together and relaxed a bit.

"Hey," y/n said to her friend as he continued to clear his head and get himself propped upright in a more comfortable (or as comfortable as you could be in his state) position. "Hey..." he said back slowly, his voice weak and scratchy from coughing up blood. "How're you feeling pal?" She asked concerned, giving him a small smile. Techno sat there for a moment before answering. "Tired, and wanting to just die more than the normal person." He said before laying himself down on the bench again. Y/n let out a small chuckle at his sarcasm.

Techno suddenly then became aware of the fact that his shirt was off, though it made no difference because of the wrappings y/n had out on due to the wound in his back, though he did seem to become slightly uncomfortable. Y/n seemed to notice this change as she immediately said "Your shirt's over there if you'd like it, though it won't make much of a difference anyway because of how ripped it is." Techno just nodded and grabbed his what used to be white, but was now almost fully red shirt and shoved it on over top. But like y/n said, it made little difference but he seemed much more at ease now so y/n didn't comment on how stupid he seemed.

The two sat there in silence for a moment before Techno spoke up. "How long was I out for?" Y/n thought for a moment before answering, "A few hours at most. You were brought back in late morning so I'd say it's about a couple hours past noon. So close to probably four and a half hours?" She answered. Techno just nodded and laid back down, stifling a groan from the pain of moving. Y/n could see he was in pain but knew Techno didn't like showing any weakness, which for him included letting others help him, so y/n walked over and sat next to him without his permission anyway.

"What are you doing?" he asked as she came over to him. "Making sure you get the care you need for those injuries Techno. I know how you are and I know you won't ask for help and you won't do it yourself partially because you can't at the moment so I have to make sure you have yourself taken care of. That's what comes of knowing you for so long, I know how you work." she said bluntly not even bothering to try and come up with an excuse and getting straight to the point, all while not stopping to look at his eyes as she unwrapped his calf and examined the wound. Techno held a confused look on his face with a slight frown, not because he didn't know what she was talking about for he certainly did, not even he would bother to deny the fact of it, but because he could not comprehend how or why she cared so much for him. Not even he cared that much about his well being, but it seemed that she would go to extreme lengths to make sure he was taken care of.

Why though? Why care? Why care about me? Did she not see how I acted out there? Or does she simply not care? But even then why does she still after all these years care about me how she does? I'm not her family, and I'm not a hero. If anything I'm a monster. Yet she chooses to ignore that and still care about me the same. How? He asked himself, trying to determine the reasoning behind this. After all this time and after his family had left him y/n chose to stay by his side throughout the good and the bad, not letting anything waver her loyalty to him.