||4|| Times Are Changing

As the days went on, Techno and y/n continued on a very repetitive schedule which consisted of getting up, eating, sparring, riding, more sparring, either cave exploring or hunting, then going back to sleep and repeating it the next day. Though it was a very simple things they did during the course of the day, and also the same things, they enjoyed it because unlike it used to be when they would see each other, one day was never quite the same as the next. The times were changing and there was always something new to take care of. While they walked through the cave they were currently navigating , y/n thought about how things had changed since their kingdoms ceased war to each other. The trade and resources had increased in both quality and number now that there was no constant quarrel between the two so it was safer for traders and merchants to pass through. Another thing that had changed that y/n was not entirely sure if it were for the better or not, was her friendship with Techno. They never got enough time to spend without having to deal with some petty problem from one of the townspeople. Before they would go out into the woods just beyond the boundaries of their domains and stay there sometimes for days exploring before returning home. But that was in the past, they never got to do that anymore, because it was technically illegal for some reason, even though them being the rulers of their cities so they should be allowed to do as they please freely, and it wasn't as if they were invading anyone's land as it was uncharted area's which was precisely why they enjoyed going there. Though it didn't matter anymore as they couldn't leave the boundaries of their kingdoms anymore.

While y/n thought about this, Techno was looking around in a big area of the cave they had arrived in. He could see a orange glow a little father over and was fairly sure it was lava, though decided to go check anyway. The hybrid walked over to the source of the light, and sure enough there was a pool of lava. Then out of the corner of his eyes he saw a cluster of diamonds "Hey y/n!" he called to his companion as she came walking over "There's a cluster of diamonds over there. Wanna see who can collect more?" He challenged her. "Oh you're on." y/n said, accepting the challenge as they both began maneuvering towards the diamond patch. Y/n quickly gained the lead due to her being smaller and more agile, but she wasn't as strong as Techno so she couldn't mine as fast as he could, so by the time Techno got there she had only mined three and he quickly caught up, they were now tied 4-4, but Techno was not gonna let her win and quickly mined the last two diamonds there, putting him in the lead with 6-4. "Ha!" Techno scoffed at y/n, "I win." he said, calmly boasting about his victory. "Yeah but that wasn't fair." y/n pouted "You can mine faster than me." she whined "You got here first and still managed to lose when you already had three. Maybe you just suck at mining." the pink haired male said nonchalantly shrugging, a teasing smile on his face. y/n sighed, and laughed to herself, she had missed these little competitions and the teasing that would surely follow her lose to her despair. As they continued through the cave they exchanged small talk, Techno still occasionally cracking a joke at y/n's expense. Y/n enjoyed spending time like this with Techno, as it wasn't often they could get away for very long and just have fun.

A few hours later, the two were still in the cave when they stumbled upon something quite rare, though each kingdom had at least one within it's boarders, they were hardly ever found. "A nether portal." they both said synchronized as they marveled at their discovery. They both looked towards each other and both immediately knew what the other was gonna do, a smirk crossing each of their faces. "So," Techno started "Who wants to go to the Nether?"

Not Proofread (i really need to start proofreading these lol)

A/n: Chapter 4! some mining and a discovery! Nether portal? what will they do? probably something they will either regret or something extremely dangerous and stupid to be honest XD! anyway, if you see any grammar mistakes.... I WAS LISTENING TO YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND ON REPEAT WHILE WRITING THIS OK? (chapter 5 will probably be posted later today)