||16|| A Small Cool Off

The group woke up bright and early with the sun so they could be on the move quicker for many reasons. Sapnap -who was on watch when they awoke- decided to take a small bell out of his bag and thought it a good idea to ring it as loudly as possible throughout the camp. Let's just say, it was not the wisest decision whilest Techno was there, in short, it did not end well for him. As the group of diverse people got their things packed away, there was not conversation other than Dream, George and Sapnap occasionally saying something and making the other two burst out in hystarical giggles, Skeppy sometimes joining in if he caught the joke.

By early morning the eight of them were about ready to set off and were just cheking to make sure they had done everything the needed before moving on further into the Badlands. They were about to get going when Dream stopped them, "Wait, Techno." he said as he opened up his bag and pulled out a new white shirt similar to the one Techno was already wearing, just not bloodied or torn, "Have this. Figured it'd be more comfortable then wearing that ripped one constantly." the masked man said, tossing the shirt to Techno who eyed it suspiciously for a moment before taking the old one off and replacing it with the new one, leaving the original on the ground where they were.

They had now been walking for a good number of hours and the sun was sweltering hot in the savanna, most of the group was tired, thirsty and hot, but with limited provisions of water and only so many hunting oppourtunities they were forced to keep going. They walked endlessly for hours and it seemed Techno, y/n and Ranboo were having the most difficulty keeping up. Since all three had lived in lush areas full of life they had never really had this before, but for the Dream Team and others, it was normal and therefore they were left only mildly effected by it.

The group of them continued throughout the savanna, many hours passed which soon turned into days. They travelled continuesly non-stop for long periods of time without rest and they were in desperate need of that at the time. There was little to no conversation had throughout the trip but when it was necessary. Not even the Dream Team was heard conversing amonst themselves, Bad wasn't scolding Skeppy for trolling him or telling anyone off for profanities, it was just quiet.

Finally though, after many long and insufferably long days, a forest came into view. It was smaller and less luscious than Ranboo's but it was enough to make them all run to it, using any energy they may have had left. When they reached it they had nothing on their minds but food and water. The group said nothing as they went in search of a source of water first, they could hunt later.

They didn't have to look long to find what they wanted, for only a little ways into the forest was a small pond with no water plants or fish, just simply clear, cold fresh water. "Hallelujia!" Exclaimed Sapnap dramatically as they drew nearer to it. "Finally some fresh water!" Dream added onto Sapnap's previous comment. The group then knelt down next to edge, and began to drink it up in large swallows of it.

Once refreshed, Sapnap, Dream, George, Bad and Skeppy all began rummaging through their bags for something. The five of them then pulled out either swim trunks, floaties, or a beach shirt. They all quickly went and got themselves changed elsewhere. When they got back Dream wasn't wearing his mask anymore, and it was the first time y/n had actually seen his full face. He had dirty blonde hair, with fair skin and a single scar running from his forehead across his nose, and freckles dotting his cheeks. After they arrived back at the pond, the five wasted no time in jumping into the pond, splashing y/n, Techno and Ranboo --the only people without something for water on-- in the cool water.

"AH shi-" y/n was about to yell before Bad interrupted mid sentence "LANGUAGE!" the demon yelled angrily while giving her a hard stare. Y/n just stood there confused for a brief second before shrugging it off. She and Ranboo had gotten the most wet as they were standing closer to the pool, while Techno was only barely sprayed. The pig hybrids face held a look of displeasure and unamusement as he gave the five a look before wiping what little water that hit him off. He wasn't mad per se, just not very impressed with them.

As Techno moved farther away from the pond, y/n and Ranboo decided to join in. Y/n just jumped in with all her clothes on, not even caring that they'd get wet, while Ranboo took off the suit jacket he wore, along with the red tie, leaving the white dress shirt that he wore underneath the anitail suit on, and began to wade into the cool water.

Whilest the seven of them splashed and swam, refreshing themselves from the heat of the savanna, Techno stood under the shade of a large oak tree and watched with a neutral expression at the childish ongoings in the pond. There was a game of tag being played with the Dream Team, Bad and Skeppy were arguing about something again while splashing each other while Ranboo and y/n laughed at eveything thing else going on, eventually causing them to be the target for a splash fight. Everyone in the pond then began to spray water at each other, laughing ang giggling while doing so and just enjoying the foolish childplay that was being done.

Techno shook his head at the scene, slightly dissapointed in y/n for associating in such things, but then remembering that unlike him, she was not afraid to have genuine fun. "Hey Techno!" y/n yelled, breaking him out of his thoughts, "Come and join us!" she said, waving him over. "Uhhh, no thanks. I think i'm good to stay dry." he said with a chuckle at her enthusiasm. "Yeah, come and join us Technoblade!" Skeppy said, joining in with y/n and trying to convince the hybrid to come into the water with them. Soon the entire company joined in and began chanting his name. "Techno! Techno! Techno! Techno!" they all chanted as they pounded thier fists on the water, trying to peer pressure him into it. If there was one weakness Techno had that y/n knew of, it was peer pressure. The group continued on with this for another minute or two before Techno silenced them. "Look, I'm not going in no matter how hard you try to peer pressure me into doing it." he said to them. "Look Techno," y/n said with a smug smile, "You'll either get in here on your own, or we'll force you in." she said, crossing her arms over her chest, a mischeivious glint in her eyes as she gave in a sly smile.

Techno glared at her for a moment before sighing in defeat before taking off his boots and wading into the water as well. "You know I really hate you right now." Techno said as he came up beside y/n glaring at her in a playful way. "Hey, I wouldn't have had to force you into it if you'd just come in on your own with us like a normal person." she said, shrugging her shoulders exaggerantly and bringing her arms down harder than necessary on purpose as to splash Techno with water.

"Tch," Techno scoffed at her, "That was a sad attempt at splashing me." he said before showering her in the cool water. "Hey!" she screamed playfully as the droplets came down on her, before throwing water back at him. The two of them then engaged in a splash fight that then escalated to a full out war with teams and everything, Sapnap, Bad, and Skeppy on y/n's team, while Techno got Dream, George and Ranboo. The battle ended with all eight of them laughing at the situation and the outcome, then dispersing into smaller groups again.

The Dream Team went to a corner on the far side of the pond and began goofing off there, Bad and Skeppy began talking about something but then ended up just quacking at each other, Techno and y/n going to another corner of the pond while Ranboo just kinda vibed in the middle, floating around on his back as he was just sort of there at the moment.

When they got to their corner y/n just kinda sat there in the water, admiring the beauty of the forest before her while Techno undid his hair from the ponytail he had put it in earlier, and let it fall down loosely. His pink hair went down just below his shoulders as it had grown an inch or two since it was cut. He then proceeded to run his fingers through it to untangle any knots that may have been there.

The rest of the day was more relaxed and quiet as everyone sat in the pool, cooling themselves and enjoying the peacefulness of their surroundings. A couple times a few of them, mainly Sapnap, Dream and ocasionally Skeppy, would lay down on the grass beside the pond and sun tan, even though little sun reached through the canopy above despite the pond creating a clear area in the branches for sunlight to come through.

Techno and y/n --after many eventful days-- were able to relax, and take time to think about the past couple of weeks and what had ocourred during that time. It was a much needed rest for all of them, and they were going to make the most of it, which is presicely what they were doing.

Not Proofread

A/n: Hey guys! wow, ya know what? if i tell you im not going to get many chapters out during the week tell me im a liar in the comments. I somehow managed to get a ton of time to write so here ya'll go! have some quality time with da gang! anway i dont have much to say other than that so i hope you enjoyed the chapter and have a good day/night!