||3|| So What Have You Been Up To?

After the little encounter with Wilbur, Techno was more inverted than normal. He kept a neutral expression hard on his face so it was near impossible for y/n to know how he was feeling at the moment. Y/n's mind was just exploding with questions but she kept quiet, knowing it unwise to ask questions at the time, though she would most likely bombard him with them at a later time. After a few minutes of silence, y/n grew fidgety from both the unanswered questions she had and Techno's sudden change in mood, so to try and break the awkward tension she blurted out the first thing that came to her head "So what have you been up to lately?" y/n asked. Techno glanced toward her his expressions unwavering except for his eyebrows raising slightly. "I've told you pretty well everything that happened since you were last here yesterday already." The pig man responded nonchalantly "Well, what little insignificant things have you not told me yet?" y/n persisted, determined to start some sort of conversation not wanting to fall back into the uncomfortable silence. "Well unless you want to know what I had for breakfast each day, which I can assure you would be able to guess it, there's nothing more to say about what's happened here. Frankly it's been quite uneventful since you've left." Techno said with slight amusement in his monotonous voice, sending y/n into a fit of giggles. After a moment Techno joined in and began chuckling lightly, a small smile prying at the edges of his mouth, his face brightening once more.

After their laughing fits ended, y/n looked over to Techno to see him smiling sadly at the ground, looking as if he was reminiscing in happy memories of his past. Y/n could see that now was the right time to ask questions so that's precisely what she did. "Hey," She started "you good?" y/n asked concerned. At first the hybrid hesitated, wondering whether or not to open up to her, but eventually he decided it might be a good idea to get some of this off his plate. Techno inhaled, "Me and Wilbur used to be really close you know..." The pinkette started, his voice steady though y/n could hear the sadness in it as he spoke "He had my back through everything, I thought he would never leave me....... Until he did." y/n kept silent, willing him to go on, so he did. "He was the rightful heir to the throne, but I always knew he would never accept it, he was to free reigned and when Phil left the throne to travel instead with my other brothers Tommy and Tubbo, Wilbur took it as his outing and left me here all alone. I was only thirteen when they left, but Phil assured me that I would be a better ruler than he or anyone else could be. I knew Phil cared for me, but when he left, when they all left..." He paused for a moment trying to come up with the right way to phrase this "I guess what i'm saying is it was hard seeing him again after all these years." he finished, the smile on his face replaced by a sentimental look of sadness and remorse for the memories. As they sat in silence y/n saw a single glistening tear roll down the side of his scar covered face.

As they sat together silently, y/n tried to think of a way to comfort her friend, but there was nothing she could think of, so instead she did what she had seen other's do to comfort people in attempt to comfort him; she leaned over to him and wrapped her arms around him, bringing him closer, though it was not as effective as it could've been due to the fact that he was little over half a foot taller than her, but she still tried. Techno could see the attempt to and appreciated it all the same as he leaned down enough so that his head rested on her shoulder and her's on his head, y/n's arms still wrapped around him protectively. She soon took his cape and wrapped it evenly around the both of them as they cuddled.

After sitting and cuddling for a while, Techno was ready to move on. They decided to go down to a valley where they would often find a lot of good game for hunting. Though there was a lot of animals for food there, there was also many dangerous mobs that infested the forests and plains surrounding the valley, but they weren't of concern for y/n and Techno who were both very experienced in combat. They each grabbed their horse from the stable and began the ride towards the grounds. As they rode the two exchanged few words mainly keeping to themselves unless it was necessary to. It was a silent but enjoyable, as they watched the scenery go by while they rode, feeling the wind pass through y/n's h/c (hair colour) hair. The two rode almost in sync with Techno's brown horse only a tad bit ahead of y/n's black and white dappled horse just behind.

After around an hour of riding they reached their destination by midday, where they tied their horses to a tree knowing that they would be safe as mobs don't attack horses, then headed towards the lake in the centre of the valley. As they made their way there they came across a few creepers as expected, but they were easily taken care of, dropping resources after they became deceased. Y/n and Techno soon arrived at the edge of the forest only a few yards away from the lake, where there they spotted a herd of sheep, a few cows and the odd chicken here or there all cramped around it. Y/n was especially skilled with a bow, so she quickly drew three arrows from the quiver, took aim, and released, hitting two sheep and a cow dead on. While she did that Techno fired his crossbow hitting another sheep. By then most of the other animals had scattered about, so they were free to go and collect their kill. The duo continued to hunt for a number of hours until it was nearly sundown, at which time they gathered their catch and began the ride back to the castle.

Not proofread

A/n: Hey! I didn't write this at 1 am but i did write it while on the phone with one of my friends so blame them for any grammatical mistakes you may find! anyway, have some fluff and angst, and also some technocuddles.