||7|| Into The Overworld Again

Y/n was overjoyed to see a Nether portal at last, and she was now dragging Techno along behind her as they made their way across the bridge that led to the small building for which she had spotted it in. While walking across the bridge Techno almost got pushed off the edge in y/n's rambunctious excitement. He sighed and shook his head, a small smile on his face. He had no idea why he was so fond of this person, all he knew was that if anything happened to y/n he didn't know what he would do with himself.

As they crossed the pathway overhanging the lava beneath, Techno thought that he saw some sort of movement from somewhere, but he was unable to quite pinpoint whether or not it was an actual creature, or just the heat of the Nether starting to get to him and he had started seeing things. As they continued across Techno could've sworn he saw something white, or no, maybe it was black, grey perhaps? He couldn't tell, but he was sure he saw movement from the platform of netherrack across from them. Y/n didn't seem to notice though so he tried to pay it no mind and keep walking. Though as much as he tried to shake the feeling, he couldn't help the sense that there was something or someone watching them, but y/n still seemed to be fine so maybe he was just paranoid. But all the same, he was on edge now, ready to grab his axe at a seconds notice if he needed to. While they tracked along the obsidian walkway, Techno kept seeing movement from behind them, his senses sharpening every second, listening, watching, waiting for something out of the ordinary come at them.

When they reached the portal unscathed, Techno relaxed a little, though he was still tense. "Ok, lets hoparoo on through here into the overworld again!" y/n said before jumping in through the portal. Techno, like before, followed after her.

When they got out on the other side, the were in unfamiliar surroundings. They had come out in the middle of a coniferous forest filled with mainly spruce, with just a few oak scattered here and there, sunlight coming in through the thick canopy above. The fresh air felt so good in their lungs and the colours of green and blue was such a relief after being in the Nether for so long. As they looked around Techno saw a small stream, flowing with fresh water, which made him realise just how thirsty he was. Techno then ran over to the stream and began scooping up water in his hands and gulping it down, and after a minute y/n was next to him doing the same thing.

After they finished getting their drink y/n spoke up "We should follow the water upstream." "Yeah, that's the first smart idea you've had all day." Techno agreed with her. So the two proceeded to go upstream and hope to find something helpful to getting back to their kingdoms. They walked for a good while before Techno saw a clearing up ahead. "Y/n, look." Techno said, gesturing toward the clearing. "A clearing?" y/n said questioningly. "It appears so." Techno responded. "It's not super helpful for getting home, but it would be a nice place to stop and rest." Techno pointed out. ".... I suppose" y/n agreed.

As they drew closer, they realised that the clearing was not entirely empty, for on the one side of it, back facing the forest, was a small wood cabin. It had a simple design and had a small firepit outside with single chair. "I wonder who lives here..." y/n wondered as the took a look around. Techno just grunted in response and also looked around. He still wasn't able to shake the feeling of being watched, ever since they got off the Soul highway he had had the sinking feeling in his gut that someone else was there, watching their every move. While y/n went toward the house, Techno went back toward the creek to keep watch because as long as this feeling resided in him, he was going to be constantly on edge.

When y/n had assured Techno that there was no one home currently, the set up a fire and raided the house for food to cook and ate a proper meal, y/n making sure to leave an apology note only half because she was sorry and more because she thought it would be funny for some odd reason that Techno would never come to understand.

By the time they had finished eating the sun was just barely beginning to set, casting a warm glow into the clearing where they sat. Techno still had not shaken the feeling of someone watching them and was beginning to grow paranoid. "I'm gonna go take a look around, make sure there are no mobs nearby." He finally said, coming up with an excuse to get up and look around as he was getting to anxious to sit anymore. "Uh.. Alright then, It's not sundown yet but if you want to I guess..?" she said somewhat confused.

Despite the fact that it was still very bright out and not near dark enough for mobs yet, Techno needed to go take a look around and see what he could find because the feeling had not subsided yet, and he was sure that there was someone watching.

As he drew closer to the stream where they had came from, he heard a shifting movement from somewhere close by. He moved towards the source of the noise and briefly caught a glimpse of a figure behind a cluster of trees. Since of wasn't dark yet, Techno could easily tell that there was someone hiding in that area. As he crept closer he could sense the person tensing up, whether out of fear or preparing to fight Techno was unsure, so he held his axe tight in hand just to be safe.

Just as he was about to scare whoever was there out, they jumped from their hiding place with their hands in the air "I surrender please don't kill me!"

Not Proofread

A/n: FOURTH CHAPTER TODAY LETS GOOOOO! They've made it back to the overworld now. Came to a strange cabin in the woods. And who is this sneaky little bean who's just been revealed?