||1||Long Time No See

The wind was brisk as y/n rode down the familiar pathway to the neighbouring kingdom. She had stopped at a roadside inn for the night as it was around a weeks trip away and she had been travelling almost non stop for almost three days, so it was probably best for her and her steed to gain some rest for the night so they could get there sooner than later. Y/n was eagerly looking forward to this visit as it had been nearly a month since she had last saw her friend from this formerly enemy city. They had been friends for as long as she could remember, even years before their kingdoms came to peace with each other, which to be fair was mainly because of their friendship. Y/n had been on the road for a number of hours now already today as she had set out just before the brake of dawn, and it was now nearly midday. Though her stomach ached for some sort of filling she knew she was too excited to stop and eat, besides, if she kept up this pace she could be there by just before noon tomorrow, and y/n did not want to spoil the meals at all, for they were as she would always say; "Too good for us mere mortals to be consuming as we are unworthy of its holy goodness." Yeah, y/n was known for exaggerating things in many ways, whether it be through overly expressing the way she felt about something, to just down right being dramatic. Many people got annoyed very quickly with her theatrics, though there was always one person she knew who would always stick with her no matter how annoying she may be, and she was heading to them now.

It was closing in on noon the following day and y/n was nearly overflowing with joy, she had been anticipating this moment for almost a month since she had last seen her friend and now that the castle was in sight she could hardly contain herself. She sped up the pace in effort to get there faster but since her horse was so tired from the past four days of almost continuous walking it made little difference. About a half hour past and y/n had just barely arrived at the gate when a man with long pink hair done up in a loose braid fashioned in a formal dress shirt and royal red cape with fur on the edges and a somewhat odd shaped crown adorning the top of his head rode up to her on a chocolate brown horse with dark brown, almost black mane greeted her. "Long time no see." said the man in a monotonous yet warm voice, a slight grin catching the corners of his lips and a semi-teasing glimmer in his eyes. Y/n just chuckled, used to the greeting by now, "Haha! Yup! It has been almost a month, oh the tragedy!" y/n said sarcastically, putting a hand to her forehead to emphasise the dramatics. Her companion laughed at y/n's dramatic response as they proceeded into the courtyard of the castle which was mostly open grass with a few weapons sheds scattered about as the courtyard was often used as a training ground for the subjects of the kingdom. As they rode through it making some small talk and catching up on things that happened in the past month y/n saw many younger children sparring with wooden swords as their parents stood and watched, occasionally giving them pointers on how to improve their techniques.

When they arrived at the entrance to the castle, they put their horses in the stable to have them treated and continued inside towards the dining hall, as y/n was starving after having hardly eaten anything for nearly four days. "No no. Techno listen, you can't just charge into a war without any tactics that's how people lose the goddamned war dumbass." y/n said as her and the pinkette argued about the best way to win a war. "Well, I didn't say it was the most effective way did I?" the hybrid argued, "Yes, well, it is a garbage way to do it. If you wanna win a war do it right, with the right strategy, brute force alone will do only half as much damage as brute force combined with a good strategic way to make the most of and use the strength to most advantage possible." Y/n finished. Techno simply sighed shaking his head with and exasperated look on his face "oh please, you know 'm right you can't deny it." y/n said "I wasn't going to." the hybrid deadpanned back at her. They continued to argue until they reached the dining hall, in which they ate many different assortments and varieties of food. After they ate they headed back down to the courtyard again to do some sparring and catch up more.

When they reached the courtyard the first thing y/n saw was a young boy trying to figure out how to swing the wooden sword so that it wouldn't throw him off balance every time he tried. Y/n was very surprised by Technoblade's reaction to this, as he walked over the boy who looked absolutely petrified at his approach, lets just say Techno was not known for his kindness toward children. Though as he drew closer his expression went from that of a hardened warrior, to a softer, kinder expression as he made a few inaudible comments to the child no and helped him get a proper stance and positioning, then watched for a second to make sure he got it before returning to y/n's side. Y/n gave him a quizzical look but didn't question him. The two finished their walk to the nearest sparring shed in a comfortable silence, simply enjoying each others company. When they got out the swords they walked to a clear area of grass and got into stance. "Ya sure you wanna do this?" the pig hybrid asked "Oh please, I'm the only one who's been able to beat you in a duel ever. I am not worried." you responded confidently. You both stood for a second before Techno rushed at you which you had anticipated. You skilfully dodged the attack skirting behind him and landing a kick on his lower back causing him to stumble forward and lose his balance for a split second giving you an opening for a second attack. Y/n then dropped down and swept her leg under the pig mans feet trying to knock him over but he was quick and managed to jump over the attempt. Soon it was a clash of evenly distributed calculated blows from either end of the fight, usually unsuccessfully due to the other having quick reaction time and blocking the hit. They continued to throw an parry the blows as they came until eventually they came to a point where they were evenly matched, each one's blade at the others neck. "I've missed this." the pink haired man stated. Y/n chuckled "So have I."

Not proofread

A/n: Heyo! This is my first fanfiction and i wrote this chapter literally at 1 am so sorry if its a little choppy, also its not proofread. anyway, i hope to have a semi regular upload schedule of hopefully at least once a week unless i'm really bare for ideas. i'll hopefully have a oneshots series too for when i dont have any ideas for this story then i can still give y'all something to read. anyway have a good day/night!