Xu Ran was a little surprised and asked him, "You and Shuwen have a good relationship now, and your child was just born. Why are you still going out for business?"

Zhuo Yun glanced at Xu Ran, "Do you suppose that so many people in my family don't need to eat or drink? I have only one shop and how can it support the whole family? Besides, I've just got a precious baby in my family. I must try to earn some property for him, right?"

Well, Xu Ran rubbed his nose. Zhuo Yun had always acted very generously, so he had never thought of this.

Xu Ran then asked, "Which road are you planning to take this time? What are you selling? "

Zhuo Yun replied, "I'm going to the north. The people there like our food the most. I'm going to sell something new. I'm going out twice next year."

"Does Shuwen know it?" Xu Ran asked.

Zhuo Yun sighed and shook his head, "I haven't told him yet. I'm afraid if he knows it, we can't be at ease during the spring festival."

When he finished speaking, he noticed Xu Ran blinking at him. Zhuo Yun didn't react for a moment and asked, "Ran, are you having a cramp in your eyes?"

However, he noticed Xu Ran blinking even more intensely, and he even squeezed his eyebrows together.

Seeing that he said nothing, Zhuo Yun felt that it was a little strange. He guessed boldly and pointed behind him. Xu Ran nodded seemingly telling him 'you are toast'.

Although he had the guess, Zhuo Yun still wished for luck, "Ran, you can lie to me. Shuwen is now feeding our baby."

Xu Ran threw his hands open, "I really didn't lie to you. If you don't believe me, you can look back. Shuwen is holding the baby in his arms."

Zhuo Yun suddenly felt weak in his legs. He dared not turn back!

Qin Shuwen approached Zhuo Yun with the baby in his arms and locked his gaze on him "If you told me we wouldn't be able to enjoy the spring festival this year, what did you mean by that sentence? Do you intend to marry a concubine?"

Zhuo Yun hurriedly waved his hand and shook his head, "No, no, Shuwen. Don't misunderstand me. I won't take a concubine."

Qin Shuwen let out a sigh of relief when he heard that he was not taking a concubine, but his tone was still not very good, "Then what were you talking about? Tell me!"

Not daring to say anything, Zhuo Yun dropped his head. It seemed to him to be much more serious than taking a concubine. When Qin Shuwen realized he couldn't pull anything out of Zhuo Yun, he moved his focus to Xu Ran.

Xu Ran also had his thoughts, so he said truthfully, "Shuwen, I can testify that Zhuo Yun didn't say he wanted to take a concubine. We were talking about something else."

Xu Ran paused and Qin Shuwen pressed anxiously, "Xu Ran, what's the matter? If you don't tell me anything, I'll be really angry!"

"After the spring festival, Zhuo Yun stated that he was heading out on business. He didn't inform you because he didn't want you to be concerned after you found out "Xu Ran admitted his mistake and looks at Zhuo Yun.

Zhuo Yun lowered his head and saw nothing.

When Qin Shuwen didn't love Zhuo Yun in the past, he didn't care if Zhuo Yun went out on business or returned. Furthermore, he had never seen Zhuo Yun hurt before, so he had no reason to be alarmed.

It was different now, though. He and Zhuo Yun had fallen in love. Furthermore, while on business, Zhuo Yun had told him numerous risky things. So when he heard Zhuo Yun was heading out on business, his heart skipped a beat.

He handed his baby to Xu Ran and walked up to Zhuo Yun. He raised his head, "Zhuo Yun, tell me, did you really think so?"

Zhuo Yun nodded. "Shuwen, I want to support the whole family, but the income from our store is definitely not enough. Thus I have to go out to do some business."

For a little moment, Qin Shuwen remained still. He had never given a thought to how much money his family spent on a daily basis, where their money came from, or how many servants they had in their Zhuo Mansion.

He couldn't help but feel a little sad.

Seeing Qin Shuwen's sudden depressed expression, Zhuo Yun knew what he was thinking. He held him in his arms and comforted him, "Shuwen, I didn't mean to blame you. I just want you to live a life like this without worrying about anything."

"But I should care about these things. I didn't give a damn about it before because I didn't want to. Things have changed since then. Yun, I understand you have to support this family, but can't we do some business together? Isn't it obvious that we still have shops? My father had sent me two businesses when I got married here back then, I recall. Shall we do our own business here? Don't go out to do business. You used to tell me it's so dangerous outside.

Zhuo Yun hugged him even tighter. Xu Ran couldn't stand the scene anymore, so he held the baby in his arms and sat aside.

Zhuo Yun said, "Shuwen, from now on, I'll only go out for business twice a year, for a duration of two months. This way, I'll be able to spend the rest of the year at home with you and our baby. We won't be able to make much money if we solely run shops. Worse yet, I have to go the shop every day. As a result, I'd rather go on a work trip."

Qin Shuwen patted him on the head, "But it's safe to run your own stores. Once you leave home for business outside, you have to be away for a few months. We won't even know what your situation is outside. Can I not be worried?"

He didn't talk about this with Qin Shuwen in the past.He understood that Qin Shuwen wouldn't be concerned about him at the moment, therefore he never told or wrote the family about his condition outside. Furthermore, sending a letter when doing business was inconvenient. Hearing Qin Shuwen's remarks, he realized how dreadful it was to be cut off from communication for two months.

And he started to hesitate about his decision.

05.18.21