45. Double Identities

Shang Xing looks shocked as if he had seen a ghost. He recovered almost instantly. He smiles brightly to Yan.

He comments, "Your team said you were missing in action. I got worried for you."

"No big deal. Just a bunch of brainless zombies."

Yan was a photographer. He has keen eyes. The changes in micro facial hadn't escaped him. He begins to doubt this fellow.

He says, "Do you have any assignment for us?"

"Not yet. We are still arranging missions."

"Okay. Tell me when it's ready," says Yan with a smile

"Of course."

Yan's smile fades after he leaves the spot. He hopes Peng Lai isn't Shang Xing. The movie emperor has been a close friend for years. Since he came back to China after studying abroad.

Yan finds Wu Qing and he asks a lot of details about Peng Lai's past and known habits.

Wu Qing asks, "Have you found Peng Lai?"

"Not sure. I'm going to prove something."

Yan has left. Wu Qing shrugs his shoulders. He kept practicing hard.

Shang Xing is walking on the street when a little boy yells, "Bang Lai, get back here! Bang (Fatty) Lai!"

He grabs the boy out of instincts. The poor boy shudders when he feels murder intent.

Shang Xing smiles and fixes the crooked collar. He walks away.

Yan has been standing on rooftop of a nearby building. He uses zoom function in his camera to see the whole event.

The hatred was shown in Shang Xing's face for two minutes. There is no doubt.

Shang Xing is Peng Lai.

He used to be fat in Kunlun Sect. Bullies used to call him Bang (Fatty) Lai. It's a simple way to prove if he's really Peng Lai.

Yan climbs down from rooftop. The boy approaches him. Yan gives him ten zombie cores level zero. The boy kept saying thank you before walking away.

Yan sighs and stares the gloomy sky.

Lost a good friend today. He is a wolf in sheep clothing. He tried to infect me. Would never forgive him. How to prove he is a zombie king?

Yan racked his brain. Still no idea. He gives up. He decides to meet the shous. They might have ideas.

Wu Qing is still busy practicing in Training Hall.

Yan decides not to disturb him. Qing is too kind hearted. It's probably best to keep him in the dark. He goes to find Al.

Al notices Yan's dark mood. He follows the gong without being asked. Yan locks the door after he locks the door of his bedroom.

The shou begins to strip.

Yan chuckles.

He puts an arm to Al's waist.

He whispers, "I didn't call you for that. Maybe later after the mission is over."

"When?"

"You, Wu Qing and the others won't be coming."

Al rises his eyebrows. Yan is going to go solo. He doesn't like it.

Yan whispers, "I found out Shang Xing is Peng Lai."

Al is silent. He has felt something is strange about the movie emperor. He is showing dark obsession to Yan. Just like the masked man.

Yan says softly, "I'm going to catch him alive. Bro will help me. I need you and Wu Qing here. Catch the traitor."