17. A New Love Rival?

The team has arrived in front of Guild Hall. They are going to do new mission today.

A middle aged man walks out from the building. Yan squints his eyes. He knows this man. One of his brother's sworn enemies.

The guy smiles and asks Al, "Hi! You are here too?"

He glances at Yan when he comments, "Trully dedicated to your job. You still working on the assignment..."

Al pretends not to know him. He practically ignores the guy.

The man chuckles and warns Yan, "Beware of him. Don't trust him too much. You'll get stabbed in your sleep."

He leaves while laughing loudly. Villain style of laughter.

Yan shrugs his shoulders. He doesn't think much of the warning.

He walks into the Guild Hall alone. He is going to accept missions for his team. Lately they have been progressing a lot. Level D missions aren't too tough for them anymore.

Two days ago, they even finished one level C mission. Cleaning up zombies scattered around base. No one got hurt in their team. Better score than most teams in base.

No sign of the usual evil clerk. The Hall is strangely empty today. Yan rings a bell placed on the counter.

A man walks out from back room.

Yan is shocked to see him. Movie emperor Shang Xing. The most handsome man in showbiz. He has hold the title for few years.

Shang
Xing smiles widely.

He greets, "Long time no see, Yan."

"Yeah."

Shang Xing asks, "Can I help you?"

"I, my team wants to do a mission."

"I'm sorry. The last clerk messed up mission ranks. We are still sorting out for the next three days."

"Oh, I see. Are you working here?"

Shang Xing replies, "Until we found a new clerk. Your team is quite popular in the base. No one doesn't know the sweet potato team."

"That's the clerk's evil doing!"

Shang Xing laughs heartily. Yan laughs too. It's always good to chat with him. They were close friends in entertainment circle.

Fang Zhou walks in to find Yan. He leaves after seeing they are chatting like close friends.

The others are still waiting for Yan to return. Still no sign of him. Fang Zhou comes out alone.

Jennifer asks, "Where's Yan?"

"He met his old time crush. Already forgot about us."

Al grits his teeth and walks into the Guild to fetch his unfaithful boyfriend.